Post Phoenix Pics Please

Nikki
If large fowl are what you bare showing. Then silver duckwing and golden duckwing are it color wise.
In bantam its those as well as light brown ( bb red pretty much) white, and what they call just gold and silver. Pretty much a repeat of the first 2.

The show type standard was changed a little while back.
Type now should look exactly like the German Ismer phoenix.
This is a tall long leg bird. Comb should be very small now almost in as serrated tooth like look. Hens almost just the spikes. Legs are all slate ( blue) . Back is supposed to be long and flats. Carried horizontal to the ground. Wings carried high and horizontal as well. Tail should be multiple feathered and some what ridgid in the first part then falling down softly. Basically it doesn't just fall straight Down off the butt like the old ones did.
Ear lobes should be clean bright white .

All this is a major change over the old standard so not many will have the perfect type just yet . Some of us do.
All mine are breed off the imported Ismer line so it kinda worked out good for me.

Oh weights too. The revision messed up large fowl.
They slimmed down the type but left the weight the same. No One has proper type and weight yet. We have searched all over for them . The big ones are 5.5 lbs on male and 4.5 on hens

On bantams the APA and ABA are different .
The around about area of 30 ounces on males and 24 on hens is the general weights preferred.

That's about it. Let me know if there's a point I may have missed.

Well neither of my hens or roos hold up that standard >·<
my roos crowns are to big and one has brown on him but is supposed to be a silver phoenix bantam and the other one has red and white earlobes. my hens might pass? Ill see if i can get a few pics of them

this is one hen

and this is the other

Last edited:
Top hen is a golden bet the male is too silver will only be black and white. Any other color is a sign its a light golden duckwing bottom hens are either bb red or dark gold. I can't tell on my phone. Comb and body look nice but I can't judge them like that. They need to be free standing . In a natural position to tell anything about type. Kinda look close but a better pic would help.

Ill try and get a natural standing pic of atleast one of them. our first flock which is what i have now are hatchery birds which at the time i had no idea were basicallt the muttts of the chicken world

Back
Top Bottom