Post Pics Of Orps/ Orpingtons HERE

Bella
10616157_10201682620426939_2257192770606205022_n.jpg

Well we've got 2 Lavander Orphingtons at just under 1 month old

and several about a week old couple 3 blees, 1 Lav, & a 1 splash(we had 2 but lost one)

This is just a random shot I took this morning that shows when the light hits my lavenders just right they are actually blue
No filters

Their mamas & papas went to the State Fair in NC and all came home with blue ribbons. We are excited to have sever pairs of their offpring
we can't wait to hatch out some babies in the SPring 2015.

Well we are definitely proud chicken mamas to 2 pair of Orphingtons 1 set Lavender 1 set blue.
We can't wait to hatch out a few half dozens in the spring, to increase out numbers, and sell a few too.

Our Lavenders are names Tony & Kate
Our Blues are named Gibbs & Abby

These are posts that I have put on other groups but I can't post the recent one without the first one or yous wont know what I'm going on about:

Really worried as I have just went to the hens and one of the primary hens has a massive clump ripped out of her tail and Bella's mother is missing . It was passing down (and still is) but I still went and looked in all her favourite places but there was no sign of her at all. The fact that she's not with her chicks worries me too as there's not been one day when she isn't with them. Really hope she's ok. Going to go up before it gets dark to see if she's back.

Well I went to the hens and Bella's mother was still nowhere to be seen. It was still raining loads and was freezing and I went walking around the field calling for her and going to all the places I have seen her come running from in the past when I go to feed them. After a while I was getting tired and was wondering when to give up. I went back to the woods and imagined in my head what must have happened. The primary hen must have been attacked and escaped, what ever it was then went after the orp and got her and carried her out the field somewhere. But how could something carry a big orp over a wall? Well there was a broken down part in the woods so I looked over and she was sitting there! So lucky she didn't wonder off or I wouldn't have been able to find her in that field. She started talking to me so I took a quick pic and climbed over and picked her up. Her back is covered in bites and and a bit ripped up in places. I still have this blue spray left from when Bella was attacked by a dog so I sprayed her with that and put her in a little shed with Coco and one of her older chicks. Put some food in and she ate a bit, so I was pleased with that. Decided I needed to get the rest locked in so I gathered most up apart from the tree sleepers which were driving me round the bend, I was getting really angry! Their pen was flooded and my wellies had holes in so my feet were soaking and having to go round and round the sheds after them was not amusing! Eventually got them all in though. I had to put some bricks and stuff under the shed the injured orp is in as it has vent holes in the bottom which are big enough for a stoat to get through (which I think is a stupid design). I then set off home and after I walked down the big hill and got to the bottom I realised I didn't trust the other shed so had to go back up. Its one of those little sheds that have a slide door and I worry incase something pushes it open, so I had to take one of the nest box dividers out and jam it in so that nothing could push it open. I wonder what stopped what ever it was killing her. I'm hoping the horse who lives in that field got involved. Will be giving it an apple tomorrow just incase it was the horse who helped her!

1376612_10201748859362871_2553101329838550894_n.jpg

Back
Top Bottom