Post Pics Of Orps/ Orpingtons HERE

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy :

Quote:
They're lovely!
thumbsup.gif

Thanks! They came from Muddyhorse here on BYC. I picked them up from her. She is a super nice lady. I hope to get more of her birds later. I also got a nice pair of Silkies from her. Anything special I need to know about Orps?​

Quote:
They're lovely!
thumbsup.gif

Thanks! They came from Muddyhorse here on BYC. I picked them up from her. She is a super nice lady. I hope to get more of her birds later. I also got a nice pair of Silkies from her. Anything special I need to know about Orps?

The only thing that you might need to know is they don't take the heat too well. At least in TX they don't. I've lost a ton of Orps this year due to the heat, around 5-7 hens and 4 BO juveniles.
hit.gif
Just keep an eye on them.
smile.png

Silkies, I love silkies! What colors did you get?

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy :

Quote:
The only problem is that I would love to get some chicks out of him, but he can't see good enough to do his "thing".
hmm.png

Did your blind one every figure it out?

She - mine that is had a rather nice chap. so yes.

yours might be problematic. needs company, so worth a try as the urge will be there, once the hen is receptive he might get lucky.​

Quote:
The only problem is that I would love to get some chicks out of him, but he can't see good enough to do his "thing".
hmm.png

Did your blind one every figure it out?

She - mine that is had a rather nice chap. so yes.

yours might be problematic. needs company, so worth a try as the urge will be there, once the hen is receptive he might get lucky.

He hangs out with quite a few pullets in the yard. He has taken fancey to my Lav Cochin pair. I have not however, seen him try to mount anyone, yet.

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy :

Quote:
Thanks! They came from Muddyhorse here on BYC. I picked them up from her. She is a super nice lady. I hope to get more of her birds later. I also got a nice pair of Silkies from her. Anything special I need to know about Orps?

The only thing that you might need to know is they don't take the heat too well. At least in TX they don't. I've lost a ton of Orps this year due to the heat, around 5-7 hens and 4 BO juveniles.
hit.gif
smile.png

Silkies, I love silkies! What colors did you get?​

Thanks for the advice. I will keep a close eye on them. I got white Silkies:
46048_sqs_3.jpg

Last edited:
Quote:
hit.gif
smile.png

Silkies, I love silkies! What colors did you get?

Thanks for the advice. I will keep a close eye on them. I got white Silkies:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/46048_sqs_3.jpg

love.gif
Aww OMWord!!
love.gif
They're so cute!!
love.gif

I just recieved a pic of the ideal Buff colored Orp which was in a show in Italy. For many who do not know what a TRUE Buff should look like color wise, here ya go.

Sorry for the thumbnail pic, I am limited to this size from the email I recieved from my buddy. But you can see what is the best Buff color I have seen in an Orpington.

BuffItaly.jpg

Last edited:
It's like the color of hot mustard!
lol.png
love.gif

I'd love to see that color on some Buffs here in the states, I don't know if we have any of that quality here though.

Back
Top Bottom