Post Pics Of Orps/ Orpingtons HERE

Quote:
Absolutely we do, open your eyes and look there here. actually i think THE American bUFF ORPS are 100% better than whats in that country.. IMO
yippiechickie.gif

Last edited:
The deep gold-orangey Buff color is what we do not have, I've never seen a picture of an Orpington here in America with color that rich.

Sure we do..you just aren't looking in the right place. Buff comes in many shades and its a matter of breeding them. trust me, i know Ive had buffs in, Buff ameraucana, Buff silkies and still orps. you can get what you like if you select your birds properly and what you are wanting...

heres a link and good start for those that no nothing about breeding Buff.. its a learning experence. IN PDF FILE
http://www.aviculture-europe.nl/Buff-Coloration.pdf

Last edited:
Oh my gosh!!!!! I LOVE ORPS!!!! @laura lou: Your hen is soooo sweet-looking and that is a totally adorable picture!!!!!!!
clap.gif
thumbsup.gif
I plan on getting some orps of my own soon to add to my flock. I decided i would when my friend got a few, and as soon as i met them, i fell in love:love I promise to put up pics of them when i do get them!!!! Love ya'll and cluck cluck!!
D.gif
D.gif
D.gif

Quote:
Well, if we do have that shade of Buff or if we don't, they still wouldn't be the type I am after. So for now I'll just stick with my BBS.

Well then your on the wrong post if you want uk buffs or Italian buff orps.. we have American Buff orps here for the most of us.. and we don't take kindly to those who like to put them down or say negative things about our quality in our American Buff Orps and say things they no nothing about because they have not bred a certain color.. best to stay with something you know for now anyway as buff is a complexe color that can take time to understand..

Last edited:
Quote:
I have put no one or nothing down in any way.

I've said nothing negative about any type of bird.

I've simply said I have never seen that color of Buff in any bird here in the US.

As far as breeding Buffs, you're right I never have and I honestly have no plans to. My next color of Orpingtons will be the Diamond Jubilees.

I don't remember this thread being specifically geared towards anything but the Orpington breed, all I've done is express my opinion about said breed and a picture posted by another member while try to hold a conversation. Your remarks about me being on the "wrong post" leave me puzzled- am I not allowed to post on certain threads now because I choose to raise a certain breed or type of chicken? I guess that also means I should stay away from the Polish thread, the Cochin thread, the Leghorn thread, the Araucana thread and countless others as I don't raise those breeds either.

roll.png

Last edited:
This is what you said..I don't know if we have any of that quality here

And i said we do..its all above this post what was said

But Ive heard you express your opinion on many other threads and put American orpingtons down in one way or another. I'm done hearing it. i will correct you and every time i hear you do this or anybody else that insists on attacking American birds..

id think if you dont have a good thing to say about the American orpingtons or your personal dislikes, then its best not to say anything which is best for all of us. I dont put uk birds down and stay away from it or at least try not to give my PERSONAL opinions on them. i will start using the report button as well from now and every time i see something i will report it and hopefully it will get looked at and action taken on some of this stuff being said..

Ive been a member here for somtime going back to about 2001 and in all my years as a member ive never heard folks attack our american orp like they do today, if you dont like um stay away from posting your no good comments plain and simple....

Reguards
Wilds of pa

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom