Post Pics Of Orps/ Orpingtons HERE

Quote:
I have a RC bird that poped out of a SC bird, and also know another person that had a blue RC bird come out of two Buff SC birds too LOL. I am wondering if it would be possible for one of your wyandottes to have jumped the fence?

Glad you shared. I have been told by several it is impossible.
That Wyandotte is gone.
I even have a Rumpless from BUS's line. She is starting to have Birchen markings creep out. And well you can see what the comb looks like. TOTAL BUSTOFF traits. And she is a TANK!!!!

005wes.jpg

Last edited:
Quote:
I have a RC bird that poped out of a SC bird, and also know another person that had a blue RC bird come out of two Buff SC birds too LOL. I am wondering if it would be possible for one of your wyandottes to have jumped the fence?

That Wyandotte is gone.
I even have a Rumpless from BUS's line. She is starting to have Birchen markings creep out. And well you can see what the comb looks like. TOTAL BUSTOFF traits. And she is a TANK!!!!

http://img546.imageshack.us/img546/6011/005wes.jpg

Bill it is Impossible what must have happened is it must have been a genetic mutation somehow, weird thing is how it happened like this with multiple people getting the same thing.

Also that rumpless looks like it just has leakage.

Last edited:
Quote:
That Wyandotte is gone.

Bill it is Impossible what must have happened is it must have been a genetic mutation somehow, weird thing is how it happened like this with multiple people getting the same thing.

I guess nothing is impossible. It is nice to know that I am not the only one who it happens too.
I have another pullet with the same look, but with a tail who I will be showing here in a few weeks as a Birchen. I have had several Birchen from last year's breeding. I sold them to a local Chef since I did not like their type. But this girl I will be showing is decent. Not as nice as Frank. But not many of my birds are.

Last edited:
Quote:
WOW ! ! ! I have never seen anything like that happen.

A question..... Did you happen to worm your chickens during (or just before) molt?
Are they stressed? I ask this because I have a black Icelandic hen that just molted and her new feathers look almost mottled with white. I was wondering if stress has an effect, because we recently had a hawk attack that has really stressed my flock. That, along with moving them into different pens= stress.

You should post a picture too Kathy..this is really amazing...

This isn't a very good picture, but this is from March, 2011.
31282_dscf6474.jpg

April, 2011....
31282_4-23-2011misc043kola.jpg

A dust bath in July, 2011.
31282_7-18-11mis072.jpg

Today:

31282_11-22-2011m004.jpg

31282_11-22-2011m007.jpg

31282_11-22-2011m008.jpg

Yep, I see it..boy do you know where it origionated from?it looks like she still has baby wing feathers and ones growing in at least look normal color. It would be neat to see what happens next time she molts

here is a pic of an old australorp hen that we kept, she is just a production australorp, as you can see when she molted she came back with barring ..she is the only one we have ever had that did this. she has never been a breeding hen, the barring which might never show up again but who knows..we also have a hen that was attacked by fox several years ago, she has folicle damage so some of her feathers grew in with white tips and mostly white where the severe damage was..none on her other side..
we kept this hen seen below because she is a wonderful broody.
she comes in real handy and I dont have to worry about things when I am at work..she is setting del eggs for a freind , I think you can see the barring in these pics..
somone said they go way back to barred rock so that explained things. I have never seen anything as dramatic as that bird posted earlier..the article I posted said its not a big deal health wise but it just seems like the whole feather quality change to a different breed like almost silkied.come to think of it..when I was going over my australorp rooster for show I found one very strange feather on his side, it was white and same like the above pic, it was strange looking so I took it and PLUCK.... thought it was a weird quality and only one feather like it, they throw back to orps so there must be something in that background that can throw that..he is out of older english imports . some of the origional foundation breeding same foundation stock that went to australia .

35675_chicken_pics_013.jpg

35675_chicken_pics_014.jpg

he had one strange white feather but I didnt really think anything of it....PLUCK....but thought how strange the quality of the feather was.looked almost silkied i would have worried about it if he had a patch of them. but just one.I plucked it off , looked at it and thought that is weird. sorry its gone so I cant show you.
australorp rooster

35675_chicken_pics_384.jpg

Last edited:
Quote:
That Wyandotte is gone.

When breeding several different breeds together, this is what happens....

Quote:

I know...when they created orpingtons or australorps, several different breeds were used so things crop up..the creators of orpingtons used langshans, cochin, and still today stubbs show up but not as bad as they used to. and really not a big deal...in australorps they usedbarred rock blk orp, langshan and leghorn to create this new breed so they can throw back in almost any direction.thou if it wasnt for thinking like that , we wouldnt have orpingtons today.these things will show up time to time..foundation grandpas can show up in the grandbabies..that one bird was spectacular change thou..black to pure white, wonder what will happen next molt...one of the great american beeds the delaware was a sport..

Last edited:
marquisella wrote:
When breeding several different breeds together, this is what happens..

According to the Chicken Comb calculator different breeds in one bird will not make any difference. I explained to Henk the breeding lineage and he would have told me what you said. BUT he didn't. He said to repeat the breeding and see what pops out. I think Henk is a much wiser man then I. That is why I wrote him.

Quote:

Not if you look at the genetics of it.

Back
Top Bottom