Post Pics Of Orps/ Orpingtons HERE

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by OSUman, Oct 23, 2009.

1. Majestic Lane Poultry

Majestic Lane Poultry Heart Strings Animal Rehoming

Feb 9, 2009
    Quote:Looking good! [​IMG]

I cannot wait for some of my Tuff babies to grow up [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] look like those above [​IMG]

2. Happy Chooks

Happy Chooks Moderator Staff Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    Here's some updated pics of my Orps from gumpsgirl. They are 8 weeks old here.

Splash cockeral:
    [​IMG]

Splash pullet:
    [​IMG]

And my blue girl, that I lost to a predator with 2 splash pullets. [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Edited: I have no idea why the cockeral photo is coming up sideways. I rotated it and it comes up correctly in photobucket, but for some reason, isn't coming up right when I post the link.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 3, 2010
  3. HenThymes

HenThymes pippin ain't easy

Feb 27, 2010
    Foothills of NC
    Finally got a few updated pictures of my gorgeous boy Tuffy. He is a bantam to boot. He is such a little chunk! [​IMG] I have him over my black hens, want to see what I get in the way of blues. I also took a decent picture of my black bantam who is with my little blue hen. They are both really good boys. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. HenThymes

HenThymes pippin ain't easy

Feb 27, 2010
    Foothills of NC
    Here is a picture of my 6 week old lavenders. She is such a dirty little girl. [​IMG] I have one pullet and one cockerel at this age, they were out playing with some buff rock babies today enjoying some afternoon sun.

[​IMG]

5. Nava

Nava I Got The Naked Neck Blues

Aug 2, 2009
    Ocala Fl
    here is my blue orp with 9 keets, 1 poult, and 2 orp chicks
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 3, 2010
  6. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    I know I have posted his pic previously but he is growing up and such a handsome sweet boy....even though he attacks dogs and chases lawn tractors. hehehe This is Thor, Son of Suede 9 months old and 11.5+ lbs

He comes running when mama calls him

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. muddyhorse

muddyhorse Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 11, 2009
    Bloomsdale, MO
    My blacks from hinkjc are HATCHING [​IMG] one out so far!!!!!

Nava talk about a blended family too cute [​IMG]

8. henney penny

henney penny Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 21, 2009
    Northern Maine
    These are my four buff orpingtons and two faverolles,my question is are some buffs that red color?[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 4, 2010
  9. lildinkem

lildinkem Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Quote:This is a blury pic of the Buff Orpington artists rendering. But is said to have the ideal color to look to get out of your Buffs.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 4, 2010
  10. aveca

aveca Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 30, 2009
    Waverly, NY
    Quote:Myself, I love the look of the English Orps. I much prefer their type to that of our American type. But I'm also a Cochin lover, so.......Just personal preference, I guess.

Alot of UK breders based their look on Cochins, and some of US American breeders bred in Rock to our Orpingtons. I prefer a mix of the two. The size of APA style with the fluff and roundness of the UK. Either way their all beautiful birds.

I agree, both are attractive birds.

Same thing happened with australorps someone added more leghorn and a pinch of RIR in US a long time ago . they were thinking more of setting egg laying records than standard back then as three australorp hens set world egg laying records. bit of a problem today but interesting how different thought process for different times.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by