Post Pics Of Orps/ Orpingtons HERE

My Buff Orpington Louise. She is about 12 weeks old now. She is starting to get more curious about me and come over. Sorry, I don't have one of her alone yet, she is looking at me take the picture. Love the expression on her face.
179162_4720863666629_1869152774_n.jpg

Do you guys still think this one is a girl? It's bigger then the other one. Do you think they are big enough to put out in the coop? I'm guessing they will be about six weeks old now. Don't know exact hatch date they were bought at Coastal. I do get a ground squirrel in the run now and then, doesn't bother the chickens just the feed.
At 6 weeks, our BO cockerel had definite signs of coloration in the comb and waddles were clearly developing. You can see in my picture (just above) of him at 8 weeks that he looks much different than our pullet. He is also been crowing for at least a couple of weeks now. So, I'd guess yours in the pic is a pullet.

Bella has decided she doesn't like the new chicks so she attacked them. But once she did it the first time, it was the last. Her mother went crazy and beat the crap out of her, I went running thinking something was attacking her the way she was squaking!
lau.gif

Bella has decided she doesn't like the new chicks so she attacked them. But once she did it the first time, it was the last. Her mother went crazy and beat the crap out of her, I went running thinking something was attacking her the way she was squaking!
Go Momma! I love to watch a hen protect her young. They'll go after anything at all! Even Bella :gig

Go Momma! I love to watch a hen protect her young. They'll go after anything at all! Even Bella
gig.gif
I was glad she give her a good beating! I bet thedragonlady will feel sorry for Bella though!

It wasn't the only time she felt the need to defend them, my dog was curious when he saw them s went in fr a sniff!:

and then she give me a stink eye!:

At 6 weeks, our BO cockerel had definite signs of coloration in the comb and waddles were clearly developing. You can see in my picture (just above) of him at 8 weeks that he looks much different than our pullet. He is also been crowing for at least a couple of weeks now. So, I'd guess yours in the pic is a pullet.

That's good to hear. Just keeps me wondering because its gotten bigger and pecked me a few times when I picked up the other one. Do you find that Buffs free range well? I got these two thinking I would free range them but they are so friendly they come running to me and will let me pet them and hop right in my lap with no real effort on my part. I have gotten so attached to them I would be heart broke if something happened to them. I think they would just follow me from the field/barn right back to the house lol. I have three other chicks from friends eggs I don't know what they are some of her chickens are barn yard mix she has one BO and some leg horns that are scared and run the other way when I go near them and one had splay leg so we had to handle more to fix that and their still scared. I am just amazed at how naturaly friendly the Buffs are. What a great breed! So do I free range or not?

Back
Top Bottom