Post Pics Of Orps/ Orpingtons HERE

Welcome to the board Orpy! It does sound like a splash chick. Can you post a pic? The blue to blue will produce splash, so makes sense that you should get some.

Orpy,

These are the different combinations when breeding Blue, Black, and Splash (BBS) birds:

Blue x Blue = 25% black, 50% blue, 25% splash
Blue x Black = 50% black, 50% blue
Blue x Splash = 50% blue, 50% splash
Splash x Black = 100% blue
Black x Black = 100% black
Splash x Splash = 100% splash

I wouldn't worry about the skin color IF it was a recent hatch. That will change.
Here is a splash. And he started out as a yellowish chick too.

000_6525.jpg

IF he looks like this little guy, he is a splash

000_6542.jpg

000_6541.jpg

Last edited:
Quote:
What a pretty bird!

Thanks KAT, I first had his hatch with some Blue Ameraucanas, he mistakenly was put in with 3 Blue Splash Ameraucanas. We're gettin close to putting them out for good.

Thats him!!! he looks just like your day old chick, I am going to attempt to upload the picture now, but I always seem to have problems!! didnt have one in the first hatch, just the blacks and blues, so out of 9 he is the only one, I have 2 others in the inc, pipping so I may have another by tommorow. Thanks
56232_new_batch_001.jpg

Last edited:
Still having problems uploading, but the pics are on my uploads page if anyone wants to look!!managed to do it Hurrah!!

Last edited:
Thanks guys, I have become a real chicken bore the past year, and even worse since I started incubating, I love it, and The Orps are just great,beautiful to look at and great fun, so to be able to talk to other likeminded people all over the worlds is the best.

Back
Top Bottom