Post Pics Of Orps/ Orpingtons HERE

Some pics of some grow outs
Duke, not as in Royalty, as in Duke Snyder the legebdary Dodger first baseman.
004-25.jpg

He has some nice legs
005-25.jpg

He has a nice head
002-23.jpg

Swaboda,
003-26.jpg

Bluestoff
001-24.jpg

Frank is 1/2 Black Orp + 1/4 Buff Orp + 1/4 Speckled Sussex
I plan on using him in my BBR program next year.
He is Frank.
004-24.jpg

Quote:
hmmm...I think 8 wks. now. The size of the splash is much smaller than the black roo. The legs are not as thick. BUT...the comb is larger and pinker than the girls.

This is my 7 1/2 week old splash cockeral..new breed to me but in person I can tell easy..
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/11313_imag0147.jpg

Yup...that looks like mine. I thought she was a "he" but he is a lot smaller than the black..... He is my only splash so I will keep him for sure! Thanks.

Quote:
Tony Remember some of our white orps are hiding cuckoo.. a freind of mine bred some whites to blacks late last year and the cuckoo came out in some of his chicks.. we did not mess with them Ourselves.. "yet" LOL

Hey Charlie, I do remember you and Jody telling me about the cuckoo gene in the whites. The only reason I was actually able to see it come out is because I have no white roos for my hens, so I had to use a splash and I also tried a lav. I must admit I`m VERY glad I did. lol
big_smile.png

Last edited:
Tony glad you did to..
thumbsup.gif

Guess its a new chapter for the USA orpingtons future to come.. lovin it..

Keep at it..love seeing the pic's
jumpy.gif

and the new colors of orpingtons popping up in our county..
love.gif
yippiechickie.gif
wee.gif

Last edited:
Quote:
I do know of at least one here in NC, heatherboers. My guess is that they crossed with gold cuckoo marans?? I think they are on their F2's or F3's in their project..

A few pictures from today.
smile.png

Enjoying some fresh watermelon.

IMG_4638.jpg

Neville couldn't get enough, he was being a gentlemen though and kept calling his girls to the treat. See where my other roo pecked at his comb? I was so furious at them. The dumb boys decided fighting through the fence AND wooden lattice was a good idea...
somad.gif

IMG_4644.jpg

The sun washed this picture out a lot but it shows off Neville's width, he's getting to be quite the big boy.

IMG_4652.jpg

Jeremy your birds are real nice!

Here are some of my 4 week old babies....
if you can tell if they are roos or pullets, please chime in.
smile.png

77670_medblue.jpg

77670_lightblue.jpg

77670_blackchick.jpg

trying to figure out how well the orpington works for my little set up, while trying to decide what my goals are.
hu.gif

Back
Top Bottom