Post Pics Of Orps/ Orpingtons HERE

not sure on the last one, id say girl like the 1st 2.

enjoy them growing up, esp the 2nd blue, and then figure what you want. just take your time - it soon goes quick when you dont want it to, and slow when you want it quick.

enjoy, they look healthy bright things.
smile.png

Here's a couple youngsters growing out at my place, still alot of maturing to do

063.jpg

062.jpg

061.jpg

Here are the parents, don't mind the roo's comb, its screwed up from frostbite this past winter

079.jpg

078.jpg

076.jpg

Quote:
Thanks!! I like your attitude... will have to go get them some treats before the heat gets too bad.
smile.png
These three are out of a batch of 7, the pictures were taken Saturday, I think, and since then, the runty splash has begun to have his (?) comb pink up. Hopefully by the time they are 6 weeks I can tell the boys from the girls.

Quote:
Ahhh, I've been wondering if the splash is a double recessive! Which would mean (stretching into my hazy memories of color genetics) there is a bigger chance of other genetic issues (which are linked to the color genes) popping up in a splash. So a high quality splash would be a good thing. Or am I remembering wrong??

This is Sweety, she is from Jody Hinkle lines. She was a gift from a poultry breeder when I bought his flock of Sussex. He told me when he was away on a trip the other chickens in the pen with her pecked the side of her head and therefore she has some issues. When I call to her she starts running in circles and then walks kind of awkward twards me. I think she is blind in one eye. She can drink by herself, but I must feed her out of a bucket so she can eat. I've tryed to teach her how to eat out of a feeder, but she couldn't figure it out. She is around 3 months old, so she's has alot of growing to do. I'm beginning to think "she" might be a "he", am I correct or is there still hope?
smile.png
Later on this Fall once I cull alot of my chickens I would like to order some Buff, Black and maybe some other colors of Orpington chicks from Jody.
47807_sweety.jpg

47807_sweety_2.jpg

Hey all! I have been following this thread for about a month or so now, but have never posted until now. I am now the proud owner of these:
46048_lo_3.jpg

46048_lo_6.jpg

This hen was broody when I picked her up, so she is separate:
46048_lo.jpg

I also got 6 black Orp chicks to cross with them to improve type and size. No pics of them yet. These are my first Orps ever. I hope I did good
big_smile.png
. What do you all think?

Back
Top Bottom