Post Pics Of Orps/ Orpingtons HERE

Quote:
yuckyuck.gif

Am quoting this just in case he decides to edit it! Now proof that he thinks you are a smart Woman!

We're all frozen up here this morning too. The waterers aren't too big a deal, but the ducks are all standing around the frozen pools like what the heck do we do now? My stupid hose is going to take all day to thaw
he.gif

Hey us womans are always preparing for our little ones

I know every year i go through this and don't listen..then I'm scrabbling to get things done, all the time talking under my breath to my self about how i should have known better.....it will take me a few hours to set every thing up.. You gals are surely ready for most things that some of us guys are not, well the ones i know anyway..i gotta admit its awesome to be married to someone with brains in addition to being a sweet heart..
love.gif

yes they will produce black type cuckoo with some carrying lav, we are just doing an experiment with them for fun.. may keep some and grow them out.. i will try to get a pic of lav roo with the hens. he is a giant compared to them.. hope they can handle him because the white roo that was with them wasn't even close to this big boy, even though the white roo was apa size.. tomorrow is there free range day so ill try to get some pics..​

Last edited:
We are about 150ft above sea level, will be just above frezzssing and snow tonite!
th.gif

Thats a bit depressing cause I still have not been able to teach the chickens too chip

ice for water.
lau.gif
HHmmm maybe I teach them to come to the house and knock on the

door for water
gig.gif
Oppppsssss guess I will have to teach them to open their pen doors first
barnie.gif

Sounds like way to much work so I will just hand water them
smile.png

OK my sillyness is done for the day!
bow.gif

John
old.gif

John..there you go have them come to you...run a line out to your pop door open it from the house then they can come to you. back in 1998 i had a single coop and it was well worth that set up. never kept water in there pens, just at the back door. today if i tried that, the sky would be nothing but cable lines every were..
th.gif

Jim i dont think it, i know it.. heehheee

here's a few pic's off the back deck..about 40 yards away..that roo is a monster let me tell you, he is the biggest that we reared yet.. and he looks awesome to boot

lavwhiteorp001.jpg

lavwhiteorp002.jpg

lavwhiteorp003.jpg

Last edited:
Beth G. :

Hey us womans are always preparing for our little ones
wink.png
It was mighty cold here in CT This morning!! All my waterers had a thin layer of ice! I switched all my waterers to rubber tubs for easy dump and refill daily. I wish I could do the heated waterers but, the DH doesn't want the electric bill
sad.png

So, White with Lav? Very interesting lav cuckoo?
Quote:

Beth, it is amazing as to what can happen with orps, this is my fluke that I can't wait to see how he finishes out!!
ep.gif

My lavender orpington. Yes, he is a lavender orpington!!!
big_smile.png

49849_dsc06781.jpg

49849_dsc06782.jpg

O.k. so now for the details. First let me say that his legs are not yellow, I think it was a combo of the brooder lighting and my camera that make them look yellow, but he is in with yellow legged chicks so I know for sure. He is approx 4-5 weeks old. Oh and yes it is a cockerel!

He is the offspring of a lavender orpington rooster over two orpington hens, a lavender and a split black = 100% orpington. Obviously someone is hiding white?? It will be very interesting to see how he finishes out. He has just the one dark spot as of yet, still not sure if it's black or lav and he has just a couple of slate marks near the hock area on both legs. Just goes to show that when working with lavender you just never know what might pop up.
smile.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom