Post Pics Of Orps/ Orpingtons HERE

Aww poor things - a coon got in to my coop last year - we're in the middle of building a fortress for the next batch!

if i catch a stoat in my field i will happily let my jack russel go after it. The school are going to get some more hens to put there coz the head mistress has loads!
I thought she didn't take care of the ones that were there. So why replace them?

I made a very large coop covered on all sides, and a solid barn that I lock them in every night. The only time they are out of the coop is supervised. So far so good. If you want your chickens to make it you need to protect them. We had weasels like that when I was in AK. Coons will make a mess like that too- but they are usually creatures that thieve in the night. I have too many hawks and coons to not have a cover on my coop. My chickie poos are still very happy and healthy.

I thought she didn't take care of the ones that were there. So why replace them?
because she will put the chicks out that they are hatching right now in the school, and because "the kids like them" they will put more out, according to my mams friend who works there they are going to start putting the next ones away at night which they will do for a while then will stop, they could ask me to care for them i would love to because my hens aren't that close to me its a 45 min walk and the schools hens only a 2 minute walk. and this prooves they do not go to check on them every day, the hens were killed on a saturday and wernt found untill Monday. Im going to see if i can find the missing one tonight because there is no signs of feathers so she could be hiding.

what should I look for in 3 week old chicks to tell if male or female? is it possible? I have 2 buff orpingtons purchased straight run...hoping for either a pair or two hens....my luck, they'll both be roos.

Back
Top Bottom