Post pics of stock from Ideal Poultry please !!

If I got a call to say my order was shipping a week or more early, I'd be hustling to get the brooder set up! Maybe I'll do it tomorrow just in case. lol
Well I was so anxious and it turned out to be a good thing! They'll be here in the morning so it looks like I'm headed to Atwoods after work to get some feed! Lol wish me luck on my first chicken adventure :)

Best of luck!
smile.png
Post pictures when you get them!

Good luck! I've been raising poultry since I was a kid, but every time I get new peeps, whether from a hatchery or an old broody, it's always exciting and an adventure. Hope it's the same for you!

I ordered some Silkies from Ideal. They are supposed to be here the end of this week! I am very excited. I've heard good things about Ideal and these are my first birds from them and my first birds arriving!
be worried about the silkies if you go through this album to see the quality of birds they usually produce of specific breeds so far they tend to have some decent bantams and some standards but the silkies generally do not look as they should i wish you luck though =] some on here HAVE had nice ones but with them its pretty rare to see nice ones even outside of the hatcheries.

well today we got a shipment in at the feed store.. 100 chicks 2 brwn leghorns, 2 barred rocks, 2 polish.. 20 ducks.. well 30 chicks dead all the special orders for a lady were dead and there 3.50 each since special order.. 10 ducks dead.. worse shipment yet.. last few weeks everything was fine then this time half of what we ordered dead.. un called for.. they were a day late in shipment which is y we lost soo many.. anyway called and got 40 replaced ducks and chicks.. but the lady told me that were like the 5th person that called complaining bout dead birds.. so all i can say is to ever is ordering chicks or any fowl keep ur fingers crossed that they all come in alive..

Im expecting 10girls and one roo. New hampshire.and all the exra roos they pack in pro le a total. Of 25 anyone ever order new hampshires from them before

i have 2 nice D'uccles that came from ideal and some cochins...lost alot of them to the neighbors dog...who tore up my fence and got into the coop
hit.gif

all shots were taken with a flash camera =] Yes the D'ucces feet look bad =] this was the first dry week we had in a long while and i am afraid their feet suffered for it once again feathers go to the middle toe.
no current shots of the mottled bantams but i do have a shot of one of the Minorcas

she is actually better than a lot of the birds that i have seen could be longer in the wattles and have a better tail but shes pretty good . i am lookig for a good breeder to buy a male from and a few other hens.

my local goose breeder apparently started off part of his Pomeranian and chinese line with Ideal hatchery birds. then added in some better birds as he went.
this is my saddle back pomeranian she is a few generations removed from his Ideal stock has blue eyes and is correct in having only one lobe , her feet are also pink.

< this turkey is related 2-3 generations back to Ideal stock. also from my goose breeder.

another from my goose breeder was my Cayuga drake who was 2 generations back related to 2 Ideal birds

my chinese is awesome but no recent pictures of him sooo video of him trying to be a bit frisky ( )

My mothers Guinea is a first generation Ideal bird

also on this same note i know alot of you have probably ordered from Cackle hatchery as well can you post the birds you have so people can better tell what quality of a specific breed and problems ect they are likely to encounter?? https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/775826/post-pics-of-stock-from-cackle-hatchery i know this helped me with my cochins the two shots of the black cochins are a bit older as one has passed and the other is looking more "typey" i was given more than i expected with him =] my mottleds barely survived the dog attack or i would post...lost alot of feathers trying to escape their dogs..

be worried about the silkies if you go through this album to see the quality of birds they usually produce of specific breeds so far they tend to have some decent bantams and some standards but the silkies generally do not look as they should i wish you luck though =] some on here HAVE had nice ones but with them its pretty rare to see nice ones even outside of the hatcheries.

I just want this as pets so I'm not complaining :) I have seen some pics but I just love them all! Haha today I ordered some Cochins from them. Do you know how they tend to be?

Back
Top Bottom