Post pics of stock from Ideal Poultry please !!

Yes! The baby bird with the yellow and gray that wound up with all of the gray feathers as a young pullet, wound up being a
COLUMBIAN WYANDOTTE BANTAM. I went back and got another one that was a bit older, but from the same shipment. Naturally the second one is not as friendly as this girl that I raised since she was 3 days old <3 So the baby on the left is the same exact bird on the right!!! Who would have thought?

Mommytoo3, have you found out what breed that little chick is? Do you have any growing-up pics?

Last edited:
Can anyone comment on egg production, feed:egg ratio, foraging habits, health, and resistance to predation in regards to the following breeds from Ideal? Golden-spangled or golden-penciled hamburg, EE, Ancona, brown leghorn. Those are the breeds I'm thinking of trying out for my free-range flock I'm starting in a wooded area next spring. Pics are also nice but I don't much care about looks. Really I'm looking for egg production and I'm tempted to try the Ideal 236 for that reason but I just fear that white birds would be too visible to predators. Thank you!

Last edited:
In the third photo down on your posting you have a blue and white speckled hen? It is walking up a wooden ladder. What breed bantam is that? I just got bantams and I am in love with this one tiny one that flies out of the cage and wants to sit on my hand. I would like more but I don't know what she is :( She came out of a straight run of Bantams from Ideal at our local feed store. If the bird in your photo came from Ideal this might help me get a step closer. Here is a photo of the bird I am wondering about. This is in response to post #833. If anyone else has a clue what this tiny sweet heart is from Ideal I would LOVE to know!
I know its late but I'm not sure if anyone answered you.. To me it looks like it could be either a hamburg or possibly a sebright... but I'm not an expert.

Here are a few update pictures of the chickens from ideal.

As for the meat turkeys, great flavor and each one was dressed out around 20-25 lbs. The only bad thing that came out of all these guys and girls were the White Jersey Giants as they all have some sort of genetic problem and I've lost 4/5 of them in the last 2 weeks.

Last edited:
Some of my feather legged

bantams from Ideal at 16 weeks hatched 6/25/14 and some 12 week old Silkies hatched 7/22/14..

I want to say that the folks at Ideal were super nice and understanding with me recently. I had placed an order for chicks and during my wait time for ship I got into a major car accident and had to cancel my order. They were super understanding and promptly issued a refund. I will be ordering from them this spring for sure. My question is about the "packing peanuts". Are they always roos or is there a chance some might be hens? TIA

I want to say that the folks at Ideal were super nice and understanding with me recently. I had placed an order for chicks and during my wait time for ship I got into a major car accident and had to cancel my order. They were super understanding and promptly issued a refund. I will be ordering from them this spring for sure. My question is about the "packing peanuts". Are they always roos or is there a chance some might be hens? TIA
They are usually always roosters. The only time a packing peanut would be a hen is if a rooster wasn't sexed right.

Back
Top Bottom