Post pics of stock from Ideal Poultry please !!

My feather legged bantam assortment has 13 Cochins 5 black 2M 3F, 3 gold laced all F, 2 white both F, 1 blue F, 1 buff M, 1 birchen M. 5 Brahmas 4 dark 2M 2F and 1 buff M, 4 Silkies 2 white 1M 1F, 1 red F, and 1 dark gray F and had 4 D'Uccles 2 brown red 1M 1F, 1 white F, and 1 porcelain M (disappeared). These photos were taken 10/25/14.

3 week old bantam partridge cochin

3 week old mottled bantam cochin

3 week old blue splash silkie

3 week old buff? Partridge? Silkie

3 week old partridge silkie

3 week old black silkie

4 week old rhode island red

4 week old rhode island red

4 week old mystery chick

I have no interest in showing. I prefer pet type Silkies that can see without having feathers over their eyes. Three of mine are bearded but unlike the show Silkies their eyes are not covered. My birds love foraging so they are free ranging during the day and the dogs watch over them most of the time.

I have no interest in showing. I prefer pet type Silkies that can see without having feathers over their eyes. Three of mine are bearded but unlike the show Silkies their eyes are not covered. My birds love foraging so they are free ranging during the day and the dogs watch over them most of the time.

I don't show but i plan on letting them hatch eggs so I prefer better quality.

I just ordered from Ideal yesterday (1-1-2015), came on this thread hoping to see what I may expect! I ordered two red cochin bantams, one white crested black polish bantam, two production black pullets, two assorted silkie bantams, one silver sebright bantam, and one assorted frizzle cochin. I have a flock of standard birds, but used to have a few bantams, my favorite (sweetest baby alive, died early in the year protecting her son, who still has issues about it) she was a red cochin, Peaches, responded to her name, fantastic bird! and I wanted cochins again, this is my first time online ordering and it has me terrified! I'm excited to add some tinies to my flock, I enjoy the variety, however the only little ones I can mostly be sure are pullets are the production blacks! Does anyone have an inkling of how many roosters I may get out of this? and I did have a question... what are packing peanuts? (I understand what they ARE but in this context.... i'm confused :p) Thanks! Ship date's 2-11-2015! very excited!

I just ordered from Ideal yesterday (1-1-2015), came on this thread hoping to see what I may expect! I ordered two red cochin bantams, one white crested black polish bantam, two production black pullets, two assorted silkie bantams, one silver sebright bantam, and one assorted frizzle cochin. I have a flock of standard birds, but used to have a few bantams, my favorite (sweetest baby alive, died early in the year protecting her son, who still has issues about it) she was a red cochin, Peaches, responded to her name, fantastic bird! and I wanted cochins again, this is my first time online ordering and it has me terrified! I'm excited to add some tinies to my flock, I enjoy the variety, however the only little ones I can mostly be sure are pullets are the production blacks! Does anyone have an inkling of how many roosters I may get out of this? and I did have a question... what are packing peanuts? (I understand what they ARE but in this context.... i'm confused :p) Thanks! Ship date's 2-11-2015! very excited!
i wouldnt be worried about the mail-ordered chicks. they should be fine. I have ordered from ideal 2 or 3 times, and they have always arrived healthy except for my buttercup,s but i think its just the breed.

Back
Top Bottom