Post pics of stock from Ideal Poultry please !!

I ordered 25 of the surprise special pullets for delivery this week. It said they would be standard. Has anyone ever ordered these? This is my first order with this hatchery.

I got these little guys in August, and have more in the shed that I got last month. The silkie has the ugliest little crest I've seen lol but he is a sweetie. The two dark cornish is really nice too, and the red laced/slpattery looking one is nice but he likes to stay away from me.

I received my order this morning. They sent a real nice variety. I ordered 25 of the special pullet assortment. Black australorp. Buff Orpington. Partridge rock. White rock. Barred rock. Cochin or brahma. Red sex link. Rhode Island Red. The others I can't guess yet. 2 died in transit. 1 died this afternoon. 3 others seem lethargic. The rest are bursting with energy and doing fine. See how it goes over the weekend and they told me to call back Monday. I am happy with my order and will order again next year.

I received my order this morning. They sent a real nice variety. I ordered 25 of the special pullet assortment. Black australorp. Buff Orpington. Partridge rock. White rock. Barred rock. Cochin or brahma. Red sex link. Rhode Island Red. The others I can't guess yet. 2 died in transit. 1 died this afternoon. 3 others seem lethargic. The rest are bursting with energy and doing fine. See how it goes over the weekend and they told me to call back Monday. I am happy with my order and will order again next year.
one way to tell the difference between the Brahma or Cochin is the comb. If it has a straight comb its a Cochin, if not its a Brahma.

Last edited:
I received my replacements this morning. They did a great job and I am happy. They all made the trip. They put in a lot of peanuts ! That's ok. I will either have breeders or barbecue !

I received my order of 67 chicks from Ideal Poultry on Friday, and OMG the bantams are so cute!

I think something went screwy with the Sumatra hatch. They were just so puny and weak when the shipment arrived. 4 of the 5 died, along with 1 bantam I think was trampled. Good news; the 5th Sumatra chick is looking like she'll pull through.

I AM STILL 'happy happy' with what I got. All the other chicks are perfect, and I'll be ordering from Ideal again.

Our 14 chicks from ideal came in this morning. Well should have been 14, but there were only 13. Not a big deal. We also had one Cornish rock that died within the first hour. Got a refund for both issues. They also marked the Cornish rocks for us, which we requested they do. All of the others are happy and healthy, and very active! I am pretty pleased with ideal. So at this point we should have 2 buff orpingtons, 1 barred rock, 1 red sex link, 1 silver wyandotte, 1 gold wyandotte, and 6 Cornish rocks. They shipped Monday afternoon and we picked them up Wednesday morning, even though usps said the delivery date was Thursday. I'm so glad they made it, and that we had good weather!

Back
Top Bottom