Post pics of stock from Ideal Poultry please !!

Does anyone have any pictures of their sebrights? I'm thinking of getting a small order of the assortment but would like to see them first of course.

I'm hopefully looking to find a picture of a buff laced Sebright.

Last edited:
This was from a while ago but is a Silkie from Ideal. After our last two survivors (predator - not hatchery issue) were roos, we took a break for a while. We have new babies coming in any day now. This is one of my favorite photos ever. My kiddo and his Silkie. They were super cute, so sweet, and great with kids.

Mine local co-op gets their chicks from Ideal... here are mine:

1. EE pullet named Rose.

2. Barred Rock pullet, Ethel.

3. Buff Orpington pullet, Lucy.

4. Silver Laced Wyandotte pullet, named Lacey.

5. My impulse buy from the Feather Leg Bantam bin. Straight runs, so we'll know for sure in the upcoming weeks. But she is a Golden Laced Cochin Bantam, named Goldie.

So far all are thriving and healthy! Couldn't be happier. :)

Mine local co-op gets their chicks from Ideal... here are mine:

1. EE pullet named Rose.
2. Barred Rock pullet, Ethel.
3. Buff Orpington pullet, Lucy.
4. Silver Laced Wyandotte pullet, named Lacey.
5. My impulse buy from the Feather Leg Bantam bin. Straight runs, so we'll know for sure in the upcoming weeks. But she is a Golden Laced Cochin Bantam, named Goldie.

So far all are thriving and healthy! Couldn't be happier. :)
They're super cute! I have some shipping out on Wednesday. I'm a bit worried because it's supposed to be in the mid 90's here in Oklahoma. I hope they make it safely
hmm.png

Picked these up at the post office early this morning.

4 Porcelain D'uccles to add to my 2 Porcelain D'uccle hens that I already have & 4 Bantam Mottled Cochins:

2 Naked Necks (Turkens) & 4 Rhode Island Reds - These are all pullets:

They shipped out yesterday and arrived this morning in Oklahoma. They're all eating & drinking
yesss.gif

I'll try and get some better pics once they're settled in and I put them on shavings in a couple of days
love.gif

Picked these up at the post office early this morning.

4 Porcelain D'uccles to add to my 2 Porcelain D'uccle hens that I already have & 4 Bantam Mottled Cochins:

2 Naked Necks (Turkens) & 4 Rhode Island Reds - These are all pullets:

They shipped out yesterday and arrived this morning in Oklahoma. They're all eating & drinking
yesss.gif

I'll try and get some better pics once they're settled in and I put them on shavings in a couple of days
love.gif
Congrats!!

Ideal Poultry BLB Dutch bantam. I was fooled once but NEVER again....this bird is garbage and is crossed with OEG. Ideal lied about it when I asked them. But 100 people on BYC telling me he's crossed means he's crossed, no way purebred as advertised. I just wonder how they can get away with this?

Ideal Poultry BLB Dutch bantam. I was fooled once but NEVER again....this bird is garbage and is crossed with OEG. Ideal lied about it when I asked them. But 100 people on BYC telling me he's crossed means he's crossed, no way purebred as advertised. I just wonder how they can get away with this?
I think you need to give Ideal a bit of a break. For a hatchery the fact that the legs, pattern, and earlobes are the right color is pretty good! I have hatchery Dutch from Privett and they are lovely birds. Two of them do have more of OEGB build and tighter feathering, but I have no problem saying they are Dutch, just like I have no problem saying other hatchery birds are such and such breed, even though they may be way off of SOP in weight, build etc. They are hatchery birds, they don't breed strictly to SOP like a serious private breeder does, so I don't expect that kind of quality. Hatcheries are are useful because they have a huge variety in one place, they ship, they are usually very reasonably priced, LF can be sexed, and you can get chicks instead of eggs. That's what they do. I think a better way to say it is that that is a low quality Dutch, just like many breeds from most hatcheries are low quality examples of thier breed.

And even if they had OEGB crossed into them generations back if they keep breeding back to Dutch at a certain point is accaptable to call them pure Dutch, even if that isn't technically true. That how you get new colors in a breed? At some point it was bred to a differnt breed that already had that color. But if you want to breed seriously you probably should get some Dutch from someone who has them closer to Dutch SOP, or else order a large number from a hatchery and sell all but the very, very best birds. I have a couple from Privett that are decent...... there are also some Dutch hatching eggs on Ebay right now I believe...

And btw I think people who keep Dutch on BYC are just so passionate about the purity of their breed they pronounce any hatchery bird "crossbred" - where as on most breed threads breeders of ______ breed won't tell you that your not-to-SOP-hatchery-bird isn't that breed, they will just say it is a low quality versions of it. And I think they are really hurting the Dutch breed by doing this, rather than protecting it, because how do most people get introduced to a breed? By hatchery birds. If I had listened to people on the Dutch thread I would have never gotten my birds and fallen in love with this breed, which even with imperfect hatchery birds charmed me in a way OEGB never have. But when I move out of the city I will buy better quality ones so I can breed, and I'm sure they will be even better. But until then I'll take my hatchery Dutch any day.

Last edited:
I think you need to give Ideal a bit of a break. For a hatchery the fact that the legs, pattern, and earlobes are the right color is pretty good!  I have hatchery Dutch from Privett and they are lovely birds. Two of them do have more of OEGB build and tighter feathering, but I have no problem saying they are Dutch, just like I have no problem saying other hatchery birds are such and such breed, even though they may be way off of SOP in weight, build etc. They are hatchery birds, they don't breed strictly to SOP like a serious private breeder does, so I don't expect that kind of quality. Hatcheries are are useful because they have a huge variety in one place, they ship, they are usually very reasonably priced, LF can be sexed, and you can get chicks instead of eggs. That's what they do. I think a better way to say it is that that is a low quality Dutch, just like many breeds from most hatcheries are low quality examples of thier breed.

And even if they had OEGB crossed into them generations back if they keep breeding back to Dutch at a certain point is accaptable to call them pure Dutch, even if that isn't technically true. That how you get new colors in a breed? At some point it was bred to a differnt breed that already had that color. But if you want to breed seriously you probably should get some Dutch from someone who has them closer to Dutch SOP, or else order a large number from a hatchery and sell all but the very, very best birds. I have a couple from Privett that are decent...... there are also some Dutch hatching eggs on Ebay right now I believe... And btw I think people who keep Dutch on BYC are just so passionate about the purity of their breed they pronounce any hatchery bird "crossbred" - where as on most breed threads breeders of ______ breed won't tell you that your not-to-SOP-hatchery-bird isn't that breed, they will just say it is a low quality versions of it. And I think they are really hurting the Dutch breed by doing this, rather than protecting it, because how do most people get introduced to a breed? By hatchery birds. If I had listened to people on the Dutch thread I would have never gotten my birds and fallen in love with this breed, which even with imperfect hatchery birds charmed me in a way OEGB never have. But when I move out of the city I will buy better quality ones so I can breed, and I'm sure they will be even better. But until then I'll take my hatchery Dutch any day. 
well, your words help me feel better, and I do have 17 birds total to work with... I'm just shocked at hearing they crossed them, they are really pretty birds and super friendly I love em, I guess I'll give them a chance

Back
Top Bottom