Post pics of stock from Ideal Poultry please !!

Pics
So, this is what has been added to the "BEVERLY HILLS FLOCK"

originally consisting of 2 Standard white cochin hens, has added

2* cochin pullets (SL and GL)

1* blue silkie pullet

*1 (maybe 2*only if the other is female) Trader Joe's Chicks
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1*maybe (only if a pullet) 70% sure it is thou, white silkie

1*Only if pullet, sultan ( I have absolutely no idea on gender)

~*~*~*~**~*~**~*~*~*~**~*~*~**~*~*~*~**~*~*~**~**~*~*~***~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~**~**

MALES (they will (have) been living with my mom's friend that lives on a legit farm)

1* Barred Bantam cochin from last year
1* Red silkie

I can always take my females over there so the males can mate with them and bring them home so they can lay fertile eggs, right ??

IwannaBEaMERMAID

I can always take my females over there so the males can mate with them and bring them home so they can lay fertile eggs, right ??

Everytime you move a hen, it will disrupt their laying cycle. It would be better to allow the boys to come visit the girls. However, unless you like cock fight, I would suggest only one fellow at a time. They tend to dislike sharing anything, especially a cute gal.​

I have a white leghorn and a barred rock from Ideal. Both big, very healthy birds. Will add pics tonight or tomorrow.
smile.png

Quote:
Everytime you move a hen, it will disrupt their laying cycle. It would be better to allow the boys to come visit the girls. However, unless you like cock fight, I would suggest only one fellow at a time. They tend to dislike sharing anything, especially a cute gal.

I dont think I can, im in Beverly Hills and cant really hide a loud rooster as easily as hens . ..

I have dealt with Ideal and love their birds. I will get pictures of my Welsummer Rooster - Kellogg, tomorrow. The bird is HUGE and definitely show quality. He is a drop dead gorgeous bird! I have gotten other birds from them - had some show up (thanks to the idiots at the post office) dead and they were amazing in their ability to help me get my refund (I had insured the birds) I will certainly buy from them again!!

Ours are now 5 days old and growing just fine, the only problem we had with Ideal was they gave us the wrong chick and we have no clue as of yet what breed it is.
Here's each of them day 1
Sultan
67650_img_0038.jpg

Blue Silkie
67650_img_0037.jpg

Red Silkie
67650_img_0036.jpg

Unknown chick
67650_img_0035.jpg

Unknown Chick 5 days old
67650_unknown_5_days_old.jpg

Here they all are at 5 days
67650_5_days_old.jpg

Ok, quick question. I have two "chicks", I got them middle of june, and im not sure of the gender.

#1 is a white silkie, I have a red silkie that I could tell was a male a Looonngg time ago (big purple comb,and wattles). But the silkie in question is larger (always has been) than him, and has a wide area of comb with no development of the comb(comb is flat) or wattles (no color change) ~*MALE OR FEMALE*~
idunno.gif

#2 Sultan. No wattle or comb development, but comb area is kinda reddish pink, but the "horns" of his comb are yellow ( like the comb of my cochin pullet how its red at the base but turns yellow toward the points). The wattle are half reddish pink and half yellow
~*MALE OR FEMALE*~
hu.gif

I know both breeds are very hard to sex, but give me your best quess
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom