Post pics of stock from Ideal Poultry please !!

Pics
We received our 10 red broilers and 15 packing peanuts in the mail today, I picked them up at 6:30 am and they are all doing great.

Ordered:

3 blue red cubalaya cockerels
3 self blue d'Uccle st. run
4 white d'Uccle st. run
5 silver blue modern game bantam st run
5 blue " "
5 self blue " "

All 25 arrived healthy and happy here in Northern MN! One of the d'Uccles has a 5th toe similar to a silkies toe...actually has nice placing too LOL So it'll be interesting to see how that one grows. I got no blacks in either of the blue variety (since they warn you that you can get black or splash along with blue), but it looks like I only got 2 blue and the rest splash out of them so can't wait to see for sure :) In 3 weeks, the blue red cubalaya pullets will be arriving as well as 10 barnvelder pullets :) And then sometime after that, we'll be ordering from Sandhill Preservation as well :) Got chick fever this year!!!

?????? You said 5 Self Blue d'Uccles are in these photos? I don't see any with the Self Blue color......(?) Self Blue chicks are a soft silver grey color.....and which ones are the Moderns? I see some that resemble Wyandottes and New Hampshires.....

Oh...I see....two different orders......two different people....sorry....my mistake.....the photos are NOT of the d'Uccles, Moderns, and Cubalayas......I thought I was loosing it there for a second....Sorry!

Hehe, I haven't gotten any decent photos yet. Will try to in the next couple days. Mainly I wanted to get them in their pen and warm today since it's still only 30 degrees out :)

White d'Uccle chick with an extra toe!

Little modern

Self blue d'Uccle like "Hey get outta my spot!" lol

And now to show her debut, is Spotsie Dottsie! Or "Dott" for short. I will be trying to make time to take photos of her each day to record how much growth she males. Saying "she" as a hopeful...lol. She's some sort of blue variation of modern, either blue or silver blue (cuz that's what I ordered), but she's the only chick in the batch who's colored like this. She's one of two dark blue chicks, but she has a dot at the back of her head and almost dark blue 'chipmunk stripes' that you find in some colors. I find it really interesting and I'm excited to see how she turns out and how fast she grows! :) So here are her Day #2 photos (cuz I didn't think of this today, was going over one of my friends "photo a day" blogs lol)

And yes, those are sleeping sheep on my PJs :D

Little tiny wing tips :D

These are the "blue" chicks I bought from Ideal in August 2011. None of them look like the blue color, but I really like them. All except one is bearded. Out of 6 straight run that I ordered all are hens and just started laying. From the day I recieved them, the splash hens have been smaller than the dark hens.

Last edited:
You have Spalsh and Black. When mated together 100% of their offspring will be Blue. If Spalsh is mated to Spalsh offspring will be 100% Splash. Black to Black will be 100% Black. You need either a Black, Blue or Spalsh male to mate with theses to get some Blue offspring.

These are the "blue" chicks I bought from Ideal in August 2011. None of them look like the blue color, but I really like them. All except one is bearded. Out of 6 straight run that I ordered all are hens and just started laying. From the day I recieved them, the splash hens have been smaller than the dark hens.

Quote:

For chickens I have gotten Easter Eggers, Turkens, and Silkies from Ideal this year, with a few Modern Bantams coming this week. I also got a few ducks and geese. All are doing awesome! Will post pics after my next group comes in, but overall I have been very happy with my chicks.

Back
Top Bottom