Post Pics Of Your Chicken With Worst Molt

Status
Not open for further replies.
The poor thing! Shes naked! You should get her a molting costume with feathers on it.
gig.gif

I know! She has only 2 tail feathers, I swear I saw her shivvering today!

Maybe you should do what KittyKelly suggested and make her a little costume or sweater or something!
lau.gif

I guess I could look for Miss Paula's "apron". She wore it this past Spring to cover that embarrassing bald spot from this rooster!
35300_007_-_copy.gif

myhensanme,
Your chicken looks chilly! But what made me smile the most was seeing your muddy run; I'm so glad I'm not the only one battling the mud this season. Enough rain, already!!
barnie.gif

yea thats why i was wondering im just getting back into chickens this past april and was wondering why they werent molting like everyone else but mine were born in march/ april to so that would explain but my turken roo patchwork hes kinda loosing tail feathers so i dont know about him
Quote:
Usually in the fall just before cold sets in. I have heard it explained to me as they get their new nice feathers just before the cold weather when they need it most. Makes sense to me. Mine went into their first molt around 1 yr old, but it depends on when they were born. My oldest 6 were born in October, and they started to molt between Sept and Dec of the following year. My youngest ones were born this past March and April and none are molting as of yet and honestly, I don't expect them to molt this year since they are pretty young still (but we'll see).

Quote:
*falls out of chair laughing, making the others in my office wonder what's up*

Speaking as someone who has to deal with photo releases as part of my job, this one really tickled my funny bone for some reason XD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom