Post pics of your chicks thread!!!

We are new to the world of chickens!! They have given us so much joy along with abit of stress!! This little one is the first one we have ever hached and looking forward to the experience of more to come

Ah yes, thank you very much! Beautiful birds!
Super coop, welcome to our world!!! They are like popcorn or potato chips! I think of all the beautiful breeds there are, but have to narrow it down every year. There's still more birds I want! Oh the dilemmas! Lol!

Ah yes, thank you very much! Beautiful birds!
Super coop, welcome to our world!!! They are like popcorn or potato chips! I think of all the beautiful breeds there are, but have to narrow it down every year. There's still more birds I want! Oh the dilemmas! Lol!

Yea right. I already have a flock of production reds for the eggs I sell. Have 20 of there eggs in the bator now. Then I got these. These are sort of a test. I have breeder Light Brahmas coming in like 3 months. So I want to see the difference in Breeders birds and hatchery birds.

Then around March 27 I have very nice Heritage Rhode Island Reds coming. 10.

Then around the middle of April I have very nice Heritage Delawares coming. 25.

Going to be very busy this summer. HAHAHAHA But I like it. All having there own fenced in area of course.
smile.png

Last edited:
goodpost.gif
Nice!! First time incubating here. Hope I at least get some out of the 20 eggs. LOL

That was my 4th hatch and the best one. I didn't handle the eggs much, used an egg turner, and monitored the temp and humidity throughout the process very closely and when I lockdown the eggs on Day 18, I added a wet sponge this time for extra humidity. Good Luck with yours!

Alot of good info under the Incubating Eggs Forum!

Last edited:
I finished my first hatch Jan 27. And I staggered it. Guess I'm just a glutton for punishment, lol! In the end 6/8 chicks. I saw where things went wrong & will try better on the next hatch for Easter. I was on that cheap incubator, like white on rice! Nearly constant monitoring & tweaking. Was all worth it though! Odovichtony, sounds like a great plan! I wish you best of luck on your first hatch! So cool. Definitely check out the Incubating Eggs Forum!

Back
Top Bottom