Post pics of your chicks thread!!!

Top left is a black laced white wyandotte, top right is a blue laced red wyandotte, bottom left is a black laced red wyandotte and the bottom right is I believe a black australorp but she looks very similar to the two wyandottes so I sometimes get them mixed up.

I have been wanting some wyandottes for a while and I was stoked that my local farm had such a variety!

Here are our two and half week old chicks in the holding basket while their brooder was cleaned out. There are five Red Star, five Black Star, two White Cochins, two Partridge Cochins, one Blue Cochin, one Buff Cochin, two Light Brahmas for a total of 18. :D Soon we are going to have to figure out the sex of some of them.
I was surprised how adventurous the yellow (Red Star) ones are. One of them likes to jump up on my lap so she can see everything. She is quite friendly so we have named her Belle Star, the only one named so far.
The black ones, that look like little blackbirds are very determined to not be picked up and they are very fast so are not handled much at all.
The cochins are as pretty as I thought they would be. What surprised me is the Brahmas. They are very sweet birds and yes a bit bumbley but they use the bumbley to get where they want by bowling over everyone in their way! They have the prettiest wings and little shoulder angel wings. :D
We have had chickens before but only layers as adults. We never wanted to raise them from baby chicks before. I never looked at them as anything but eggs. Never knew they had interesting personalities. This has been very educational for me. And fun.

Click on the photo to actually see them. :D

Last edited:
Here are our two and half week old chicks in the holding basket while their brooder was cleaned out. There are five Red Star, five Black Star, two White Cochins, two Partridge Cochins, one Blue Cochin, one Buff Cochin, two Light Brahmas for a total of 18. :D Soon we are going to have to figure out the sex of some of them.
I was surprised how adventurous the yellow (Red Star) ones are. One of them likes to jump up on my lap so she can see everything. She is quite friendly so we have named her Belle Star, the only one named so far.
The black ones, that look like little blackbirds are very determined to not be picked up and they are very fast so are not handled much at all.
The cochins are as pretty as I thought they would be. What surprised me is the Brahmas. They are very sweet birds and yes a bit bumbley but they use the bumbley to get where they want by bowling over everyone in their way! They have the prettiest wings and little shoulder angel wings. :D
We have had chickens before but only layers as adults. We never wanted to raise them from baby chicks before. I never looked at them as anything but eggs. Never knew they had interesting personalities. This has been very educational for me. And fun.

Click on the photo to actually see them. :D

Yes, I know what you mean. They are interesting & entertaining. Enjoy! Mine are 2 1/2 weeks old too and I'm figuring some names for them too. Had the neighbor's 8 year old granddaughter come over yesterday to try to name some. We have Miss Piggy (my name for her, she loves to eat the dried meal worms out of my hand and obviously, is a pig! She is a Black Copper Maran). The other Black Copper Maran, Sophie named her, Raven. Haven't figured out anymore but Sophie came over with a list of about 8 names. It is always interesting to see other people's names for the birds.

Back
Top Bottom