Post pics of your chicks thread!!!

Two new beautiful Dominique pullets I just added to the flock last week. They come from Liberty Farms. If you are in NC and interested in Dominiques, or White Faced Spanish, check them out, very pleased.

Pics of my new (first) flock! My Chicken variety pack: 5 Silkies, 4 Barred Rock, 1 Australorp, 1 Spangled Hamburg, 1 Golden Buff (Red Star) and one mystery bird! (Mystery bird- I ordered 6 Silkies, but it appears I only received 5 and the 6th is something else.... time will tell what she (hopefully) is! )
wink.png

Spangled and blue spangled quail old english bantams

Some extra large silver partridge wyanndotte chicks (project)

Mixed Brahma/wyanndotte chicks

Assortment of bantam old english with blue silver, bbr, lemon chocolates, spangled quail

Asil/thailands

Lemon chocolate old english bantams

Longtailed gamefowl

I named my 3 month old Easter Egger “rooster” Hawkeye cuz he looked like a hawk. He has the bigger comb than the other “female” Easter Egger, who I named Hot Lips. Hot Lips has the tufts around the ears and Hawkeye doesn’t. Hawkeye started crowing yesterday and it is always so funny to hear them first crowing. Bless their hearts, they try but sound so funny! I thought, I want to see Hawkeye crow, I’ve just been hearing him when I wasn’t looking at him. Well, Hawkeye is a gal I guess and Hotlips is the rooster! Now what do I do about names! J Keep them the same and have chickens with gender identity issues? Like poor ‘ole Sophie who is a boy? (my bunny). I hope they’re both not roosters!

Back
Top Bottom