**Post Pics Of Your Duck Houses/Runs/Pens** :D

here's my ducks newest pen:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=238885

They are indoor pets who have an outside hut/run to play in to free range.

Here is their old indoor pen:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=131278

That old pen got torn down and recycled into a new collapsable pen for David, who has two runners... He moved to Alabama and needed something that woud fit in his car and could be easily transported...

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=228847

And Because my ducks and i are moving into a studio condo in downtown chicago, I have to build them a new pen that will fit in my walk in closet. lol. It's just going to be plywood walls and a new food center, but I've decided to paint the walls to look like the inside of a house. I figured since they are going to be in the closet, they need something nice to look at all day long. lol As david puts it- "Nettie, your ducks and their pens= your life" lol so true...

This is my prettiest pen - it's the girl's night-time pen and is 8'x4'. They have access to an outdoor run during the day. I have two more pens like this (one of them is smaller, 4'x4'), but they're unpainted and ugly.
tongue.png

Also, I've put a proper roof with overhang on this pen since the picture was taken, which makes it heavy enough that I don't have to secure it with bungee cords anymore
big_smile.png

28352_000_2643.jpg

Anyone else have pictures? I'm planning our duck house now. I think it will be a shared house w/ the turkeys, since it's just for night-time. Our chickens finally have a coop now, but the ducks are still free-range at night (4 months and no duck or turkey losses to predators, but I know that can't last forever so I want to get them something for night-time). Thanks!

Greencastle, how big are your pens, they look alot like mine and was just comparing sizes.
smile.png

Pringle, I only have dog igloo in mine, they had a very nice house last year and refused to go into it. They prefered to lay in the snow and be silly. I made a windbreak for them and left them. I make sure I stuff the dog crates full of hay in the winter. My dog crate is dog igloo so there is no holes in it for the wind to come through.

momma's chickens :

Greencastle, how big are your pens, they look alot like mine and was just comparing sizes.
smile.png

Pringle, I only have dog igloo in mine, they had a very nice house last year and refused to go into it. They prefered to lay in the snow and be silly. I made a windbreak for them and left them. I make sure I stuff the dog crates full of hay in the winter. My dog crate is dog igloo so there is no holes in it for the wind to come through.

one is 9x10 and the other is 9x11 and i have two chicken pens that are 9x9 and i love dog houses and ducks love to pile up in them its soooo cute especially in the winter during the summer they pile up beside it and im like that defeats the purpose!!! but ya i need to but one more with no wholes for one of my one pen!​

Back
Top Bottom