Post PICS of your GLORIOUS ROOSTERS here!!! All breeds welcome!

I can't have chickens here. I have a speakeasy coop. I certainly can't have roosters. I love looking and hearing about yours though.

love.gif

This is a great post
wee.gif
I just love roosters, the cockier, the better
lol.png
I never knew the true meaning of the word until I met my first rooster only a couple of years ago. We ended up with him by accident of course =/ But I was so happy that he turned out to be a boy because I never would have known what I was missing. He was the manliest, cockiest rooster we could have ended up with. He was a Brahma/Cochin mix and was the sweetest thing because we had to bring him inside every night so he would not wake up the neighborhood at 6 every morning. He would roost on the chair every night before we would take him up to bed. He would get cheese and oatmeal and any other treats he demanded
smile.png
You think a crow is loud, try listening to it echoing throughout the house
lau.gif
Unfortanatly, the neighborhood still heard him in there
sad.png
So, we found him a new (supposedly good) home and he was killed. They claim he was killed by the dog, but I don't believe it. Anyway! His name was Lucifer, because he started out as a Lucy and we thought Lucifer would be the perfect ironic name for him because he was the snuggliest of all the snuggle bugs
tongue.png

Here he is in his pantaloons
lol.png

9400_lucifer_resized0001.jpg

My dad wasn't very happy when I put him up there =/

9400_dscn0637.jpg

The rooster that we ended up accidently with this time is a Cochin bantam. His name is Little Jerry Seinfeld
big_smile.png
He is three months and still fits in the palm of my hand. He is nothing but fluff. I knew from the moment we brought him home at a week old that he was a rooster. He spent the whole ride home squaking at the top of him lungs, while his sister slept in my shirt. He is the sweetest little thing. He snuggles under my shirt and will ride around on my shoulder. My mom brings him to the nursing home to visit and to church to see the kids. But he actually bit me twice the other day!!! It was very gentle, I didn't even feel it. I guess I was annoying him to much, so he was telling me to go away. But he got a spank anway
rant.gif
Brat
somad.gif
I hope he doesn't turn into a mean rooster.

Here is the most recent picture of him.

9400_img_3293.jpg

9400_img_2948.jpg

9400_img_2897.jpg

9400_img_3006.jpg

9400_img_2933.jpg

9400_img_2562.jpg

9400_img_2582.jpg

9400_img_2487.jpg

My hateful barred rock roo. I guess his name is roo or rooster.
lol.png
He's really mean. When I ride my four-wheeler around the yard he chases me and jumps right in front of the tire. Once I run over his wing! Scared the life out of me.

23758_978.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Quote:
My goodness! How many girls do you have? You must have a few hundred to satisfy all those roos
th.gif
Do they all get along???

I don't have more than 2 per roo, but they all get along great. My roos have what I call the Boy's Club, they sit around with each other and if they were human they'd be playing dominos or cards and gossiping like little old men. They work together well for protection, and they accept almost anyone I bring home with to add to the family. The only roos with designated ladies are Blue Roo, Popcorn, and now Nugget has 2 or three of his own. One of Nugget's ladies is too small so I'm trying to convince her she needs a healthy, happy, relationship with a bantam roo instead of a long celebate one with Nugget! I'm lucky with my boys, they are no trouble, they don't fight, and they are all nice to the ladies.

Back
Top Bottom