Post PICS of your GLORIOUS ROOSTERS here!!! All breeds welcome!

Pics
Bertrum, my banty black cochin, soon the possible dad of a load of cute chicks
smile.png

30085_0723081149.jpg

later I will get a better pic of him and my banty buff orphinton Sunny Side-up who also is a soon to be possible daddy(they live together with 20 hens
smile.png
)

Last edited by a moderator:
nice looking roos chickencharmer. Sorry about the masacre.
sad.png

I too had an OEGB Red Pyle. he was sweet to us, but Hyper! I had to give him a new home, because he and Rusty would have fought to the death. They managed to bloody each other up pretty good through a dog crate!

here is Little Roy...

n820774297_631110_6113.jpg

n820774297_692175_4426.jpg

Last edited:
yeah, fisherMOM, my roos don't fight because they were raised together and have a pecking order. But we did have 2 big roos who, if given the opportunity, would fight to the death. We separated them: one, White Pete, remained free range, and the other, Rocky, was fenced on our deck behind a sliding glass door. Well, White Pete found Rocky, and the two fought each other through the glass, as though it didn't exist.

My boys are still babies, but they are so sweet and have already begun to establish a pecking order. The Barren Cochin roo, while only half the size of my Silver Laced Wyandotte roo, is head honcho for now, though he is being challenged by my tiny little Golden Sebright. I have more roosters, including a gorgeous little Splash Cochin. All are sweet as can be and very affectionate. Here are my boys:
This is my Barred Cochin boy Buddy
29191_pepsi_millie_phantoms_pics_3_weeks_old_002.jpg

And here is my boy Sir Wyandotte:

29191_pictures_of_ducks_and_chicks_and_chris_and_her_aura_4_30_2009_104.jpg

I'll post more pics soon as they grow into fine young men, lol. Plus I'll get pics of my other roosters. I currently have more than I bargained for and I'll be rehoming some real soon. Out of approximately 36 birds I have about 10 roosters. Was expected, give or take a few, I just can't have that many, and don't want that many. I still have to wait to see how many of my Silkies and Sexlink are roosters...

Here is my beautiful boy Thunder. He is a Silver Laced Wyandotte. You can see how he towers over my full size barred rock hen as he lets out a great big crow in pic 2!

Thunder050609front.jpg

Thundercrow050609.jpg

I have a few 11-week-olds that I think are cockerels (only one will stay, probably the blue laced red Wyandotte) but I don't have individual pics of them just now.

wow! what beautiful roos!
love.gif

here is my little baby, Shenanigan II. he's already the cockiest little meanie you could imagine. he even stands up to my adult roo, who runs away when this little guy charges at him! he is a 3 1/2 week old silver phoenix. i can't wait until he grows up and shows us his beautiful long tail
pop.gif

P5010017.jpg

P5010015.jpg

Back
Top Bottom