Post Pics of your Leghorns

Oh where to start! I got 3 White Leghorns from the pullet bin at TSC when I got my first chickens -- so I have LOTS of pictures!!!

Every white chicken in this album is one of my Leghorns
wink.png
http://s18.photobucket.com/albums/b139/marvinranch/Chickens/

chicksday17008.jpg

Chicksday25022.jpg

chicksday30014.jpg

chicks6weeks015.jpg

first egg (the white one)
SANY05012.jpg

IMG00151-20100111-1242.jpg

LegBands002.jpg

Last edited:
If you have a flock of Leghorns and raise replacement pullets from the hen flock,by only incubating eggs that grade large and extra large,you can build up a strain in 4 or 5 generations that lays big eggs.Selection works,but sometimes very gradual.There are strains noted for big eggs.Minorcas and WF Spanish are noted for big white eggs.

There is a breeder here in MN that has rose-comb leghorns (at $6.00 a chick). The rose-comb is really appealing to me because of our cold MN temps.

Anyone have R.C. Leghorns??? Got pics???

Quote:
I do, but they are small. I only had a banty roo, so the hens came out small but they lay faithful. He had four sons too, but they are huge! I am trying his sons with my new leghorns this year. But all his chicks had rose combs. And if you are wonding what roo, I always forget the name, he is black w/rc, and a big white spot on the side of his head.

My camera is not working but to give you an idea of his sons, one is a white one, looks just like a leghorn w/a rc, and the other 3 look like dominque (sp?) with a rc. When I get a cam, I will post pics.

I love the leghorns, mine are not afraid in fact one gives me a hug, well I call it a hug. When I go in she goes on a perch and I will go over and she wraps her neck around my neck. It is so cute. And if I don't go to the perch she will fly on my shoulder. I do have some that wont come to me and others that will want some lovins! lol

Back
Top Bottom