Post Pics of your Leghorns

Pics
Here's a pic of my Leghorn, Chicken Sally..she was an extra chick thrown in by the hatchery. We were under the impression that she was an EE but quickly figured it out. She definitely has her own personality & is a very flighty, scared crazy bird...

54035_dscn1395.jpg

Im asumming most of these leghorns are production but all of mine have been bought from show lines so they are more heritage.

Took some pictures tonight before I clipped wing feathers. True to the Leghorn style, this guy was probably the first escape from the bachelor pen (it doesn't have a top)
Plus, the dog nose in the pic was just cute! lol

He is a March 1st chick, so he's 2 months old now and he had to get a new zip tie put on tonight with his "haircut"
SANY0998.JPG

SANY0999.JPG

I've got a bantam brown Leghorn hen. She is sweet but flighty, and is difficult to photograph
IMG_3465.jpg

here she is again with another bird that I think is a bantam white Leghorn X (I call her the henaroo because she was an egg-laying hen, but now thinks and acts like a roo!)
IMG_4940.jpg

this is one of the brown hen's babies (crossed with a Maran cockerel). I think it is a roo but am still unsure. Her offspring are both very tame and not at all like their parents in character.
IMG_4898.jpg

I have a couple Brown Leghorns. Not the best of pics, but....

110908leghorn.jpg

And also have 6 White Leghorn pullets at 8 weeks old. Sorry, haven't taken any pics of them.

ETA: Mine are hatchery stock. The browns from Ideal and the whites from TSC (so, also hatchery). I don't breed any Leghorns, but always keep some around because a few farmers market customers actually ask for white farm eggs.

Last edited:
What happens with egg color if you cross a white-egg-laying Leghorn color with a color that tends to lay tinted or tan eggs?

Also what color Leghorn rooster should I get if I want the biggest variety of offspring bred to a variety of colored Leghorn hens?

Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom