Post Pics of your Leghorns

Pics
My girls have been laying for a few months. Yesterday I went out to the coop and one was in the oddest position, standing up with her back against the nesting box wall, pushing like crazy. It sort of made me panic, egg bound ?

I thought it might be sort of a "watched pot" thing, so I went in the house for 5 minutes. When I went back out, Salt was walking around, squawking like normal. Well, she has the biggest egg, no wonder it looked odd.
The egg on the right is normal size, but the other is almost twice the size. Wow!!

lovely pics peeps
thumbsup.gif

i must get a few up of my girl Blondie
D.gif

now that's a cools coat Gifa ,care to share

how it's made
smile.png

Health and happiness

It's just cheap felt from a craft store, some cotton thread, a couple/few clasps under the wing area (could have used buttons) and some decorative bamboo cord stitches.

I didn't work from a pattern, if that's what you mean... It's all handcut and hand sewn... I had to do two "fittings" to get it this far.

I'd need to create a pattern from this one to share it.

Last edited:
Is this not the prettiest cross bred hen you have ever seen?

This is a hen i raised. She is from a brown leghorn hen and a Cuckoo maran rooster.

I think this hen is one of the prettiest hens i ever raised. What do you think?

Is this not the prettiest cross bred hen you have ever seen?

This is a hen i raised. She is from a brown leghorn hen and a Cuckoo maran rooster.

I think this hen is one of the prettiest hens i ever raised. What do you think?

i had a hen the exact same coloring out of a brown leghorn and white wyandotte rooster. she had a rose comb and was chubbier. They kept the hen pattern but with the silver gene turning the background color to white instead of red, leaving only the red of the breast which is a different gene that the red for the body.

Back
Top Bottom