Post Pics of your Leghorns

Pics
Bringing down the White Leghorn eggs on Aug, 8th. I cant wait to see how many hatch :D I think that clutches within the next month or to will have a higher hatch rate because it will be about the 4th or 5th clutch to go inside the incubator. After I obtain a higher hatch rate , I will then complete the website so that day old chicks can be purchased , and also a variety of exotic fowl. (Peas, Pheasants, and Jumbo Pekin Ducks. I will keep everyone up to date on the progress , Our adult Hens have started laying at and before July 16th (5 Mo. Old) The males have large Waddles and Combs that are a florescent Red. All White Leghorns have typical Tee Pee (or triangle) shaped tail fathers. Very Loveable Breed especially if hand raised from "Day Olds" , My Leghorns , RiRs , and Silkies can pick me out from a group of people , and I can whistle a certain way and they will come running out from the coop to see what treats I have brought them :D . Thank You For Reading :) -Cody (KBHatchery)
D.gif

NIce JOB , I love my leggerns, they are the nicest birds I got...id def like to obtain more,, so yes keep me updated

Quote:
I actually don't live that far from you. Hour and half or so. You have a couple of cockerels from this years hatch?? My girls started laying already. Most of there eggs are quite small right now. Have one or 2 that are starting to get bigger.

I actually don't live that far from you. Hour and half or so. You have a couple of cockerels from this years hatch?? My girls started laying already. Most of there eggs are quite small right now. Have one or 2 that are starting to get bigger.
I actually have two that I can sell , I will go outside and take a few pics of them now :D and a Hour and a half isn't going to be a problem :)
celebrate.gif
But ill be right back ASAP :D

Thank You for taking interest in our Pearl White Leghorns, sense we only have 20 females there is no need to keep the following Roos. Due to pecking order the tail feathers on two roos (as you will see) have not fully grown in yet. Once the roos are away from the other Males their tail feathers are guaranteed to grow in. They are very friendly, and love to be fed crickets , meal worms , and other insects and treats. Very Lovable , and Beautiful creatures. All Roos and Hens are Happy and Healthy , and vocal critters :)

All Three Males are shown here (third in back hiding from the camera lol.

This guy only has two full tail feathers , the other roos like to peck at his new feathers that grow in. Medium sized waddles and comb.

( same roo as above )

This roo had to be placed in a separate pen for a while, because of constant pecking and his safety, he is now getting his new tail feathers. ( looks like a stub fluffy tail )
Large comb , medium sized waddles.

This roo has full tail feathers, Medium comb and waddles. Very beautiful.

(same as above)

( Theres the fluffy tail lol )

Bringing down the White Leghorn eggs on Aug, 8th. I cant wait to see how many hatch :D I think that clutches within the next month or to will have a higher hatch rate because it will be about the 4th or 5th clutch to go inside the incubator. After I obtain a higher hatch rate , I will then complete the website so that day old chicks can be purchased , and also a variety of exotic fowl. (Peas, Pheasants, and Jumbo Pekin Ducks. I will keep everyone up to date on the progress , Our adult Hens have started laying at and before July 16th (5 Mo. Old) The males have large Waddles and Combs that are a florescent Red. All White Leghorns have typical Tee Pee (or triangle) shaped tail fathers. Very Loveable Breed especially if hand raised from "Day Olds" , My Leghorns , RiRs , and Silkies can pick me out from a group of people , and I can whistle a certain way and they will come running out from the coop to see what treats I have brought them :D . Thank You For Reading :) -Cody (KBHatchery)
D.gif
are your eggs always hat poopy? Just curious as mine have never had poo on them. Or did they lay them in the dirt? Hope you get a great hatch ! Do you wipe off before you incubate ?

are your eggs always hat poopy? Just curious as mine have never had poo on them. Or did they lay them in the dirt? Hope you get a great hatch ! Do you wipe off before you incubate ?
i rince them off with warm water to get the poop n dirt off. The first batches i collected were dirty but most now dont need to be washed. Some lay their eggs outside and the mud gets on them.

I hear you, mine started laying in the hedges ugh
I bet that make some complication gettin to the eggs. A few of my chickens at my old home decided my neighbors gazebo was the perfect place to lay their eggs. I cleaned out about 100 eggs after i found their hiding spot. They had been laying for months!! I thought they had gone broody but boy was i wrong. Lol

Back
Top Bottom