Post Pics of your Leghorns

Pics
I never noticed that in my whites. Just alittle back ground . I started in 1988 showing white leghorns from Wesly Schuyler he had some of the nicest whites back then. I use to beat George Beyer with my roosters. I sold my blood line since I had no time for the birds when I was going to college. I decided to get back in the whites last year and George was nice enough to sell me some birds.
I know he added Wely's blood to his birds. I had buffs, and light browns in the past.

Last edited:
You have quite experience! I am new. I got my Whites from Mr. Paul Hardy in 2010 and this summer is the first I bred them. I raised 3 nice cockerels and few girls.
My Blacks are for me to play adding white and brown blood to improve the type.
Light Brown I have are from show strain, but I keep only one roo and few hens because they go broody and I like them.
I like all chickens, but Leghorns are my favorites.

I never noticed that in my whites. Just alittle back ground . I started in 1988 showing white leghorns from Wesly Schuyler he had some of the nicest whites back then. I use to beat George Beyer with my roosters. I sold my blood line since I had no time for the birds when I was going to college. I decided to get back in the whites last year and George was nice enough to sell me some birds.
I know he added Wely's blood to his birds. I had buffs, and light browns in the past.
I've seen Buff Leghorns from a guy named Dan Honour. Very good looking birds. I plan on getting back with Leghorns next year since it has been many years since I kept them. The California Greys I have lured me back.

Quote:
i apologize for interrupting you guys ........ but the mention of California Grays woke me up ..... (if i may) i would like to ask a question that might show myself as unlearned in Leghorns(which is true)so please forgive me ahead of time ......... i have always been crazy about the Barred/Cuckoo Leghorns and tried in vain to find them over the years gone by .... but i have noticed/found in recent years that (i think-please don't be mad w/me if i'm wrong)that the Barred/Cuckoo Leghorns was the California Gray (?) .

Can You please help me with this ??
Plus i'm still open to acquiring some .

Thanks ,
Shannon Nelson

WOW //////// Thanks Michael ............
yesss.gif
!

Could anyone please help me, i had an issue with a chick today. I noticed that its eye was looking wierd and pinkish around the eye. Not as much feathering around the eye and if you opened the eye it looked slightly swollen.. Defect? Infection?!? Please help!!!

Other eye looked normal though..

Last edited:
That is infection. Sometimes they can lost the eye. Give him antibiotic for 3-4 days and you can put Neosporin on the eye. Terra Vet (sp) is good antibiotic fo this kind of illnesses. Sorry that's all I know. Maybe someone will give you other idea.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom