Post Pics of your Leghorns

Actually, this is my first winter with chickens, and of course, it's the coldest winter on record for our area. My rooster's comb has turned purple on the tips several times, but the color has come back when he warms up. After the last really cold snap when we went down to 5 degrees, I noticed that the tallest tip was black on the end, kind of pale in the middle, but still red the rest of the way down. I thought that was frostbite and that he would probably loose that tip, but it seems to be getting color back.

So, to answer your question, I'm not really sure ...
roll.png
???

well, I guess no one knows anything about creme crele leghorns.

Urch/Turnlund have SC Buff, SC Black, SC Dark Brown, RC Light Brown, RC Black, SC Silver, SC White and RC White.

He also carries Bantam SC White, SC Dark Brown, SC Light Brown, and RC White

I have placed my order for RC Light Brown standard size for this spring.

I don't know about other colors. But, in my search for RC leghorns, I did keep coming across those Exchequer Leghorn, they sound like the new craze.

Urch/Turnlund have SC Buff, SC Black, SC Dark Brown, RC Light Brown, RC Black, SC Silver, SC White and RC White.

I don't know about other colors.  But, in my search for RC leghorns, I did keep coming across those Exchequer Leghorn, they sound like the new craze.

website or ??

I don't know about other colors. But, in my search for RC leghorns, I did keep coming across those Exchequer Leghorn, they sound like the new craze.
What is "RC" and "SC"?

He doesn't have a website.

You have to call him and send him a check or money order!
sickbyc.gif

I ordered from him anyway since:

- his quality of birds is much higher than a hatchery
- he will actually ship to me
- he had the breeds that I wanted
- getting small time breeders to ship me chicks is almost impossible

Anyway, he does list an email, but trust me, he never reads them or answers them.

Do make sure that you only call during the call hours that he lists, and he will answer questions.

Also, since he is a small operation if you need chicks on a certain date, you better list second and third choices.

Back
Top Bottom