Post Pics of your Leghorns

This is my first time with leghorns. Pearl is the cutest chick ever! She is already able to fly more than the others in the flock. Will she always be flying out of my fenced yard? If so, can I trim a couple of her feathers to be sure to keep her in and safe? Her personality is wonderful. She will snuggle in and sleep on my daughter and I all of the time.

This is my first time with leghorns. Pearl is the cutest chick ever! She is already able to fly more than the others in the flock. Will she always be flying out of my fenced yard? If so, can I trim a couple of her feathers to be sure to keep her in and safe? Her personality is wonderful. She will snuggle in and sleep on my daughter and I all of the time.
:love I have never had issue before with any of my chickens flying. :confused: Although if flying does become a issue, I would trim the wings. Though there's the risk she may not be able to fly from a predator. I'm sure this isn't a issue if she's secure at night, but something to be noted.

Thanks! I never had issues with flying chickens before either, but all of my birds have been heavier breeds. I really wanted a white egg layer, but didn't realize that she could be flightier than the others.
We will have to wait and see. They all fly while they are still little and have feathers but no weight to keep them down!
D.gif

Thanks! I never had issues with flying chickens before either, but all of my birds have been heavier breeds. I really wanted a white egg layer, but didn't realize that she could be flightier than the others.
We will have to wait and see. They all fly while they are still little and have feathers but no weight to keep them down!
D.gif

My Leghorns are good fliers... but haven't been into escaping, which is nice.

Nothing wrong with trimming some feathers, if you decide she needs it.... it is safer to keep them in the pen/yard then to let them get out and get into trouble.

Back
Top Bottom