Post pics of your Nesting boxes

Quote:
I suspect most of those were the photos taken right after the coop was finished being built but before the chickens had been moved into it
wink.png

Another one is the kind of material you use... like im going to be using linoleum, its kinda slick, so it can be swept off nicely, and its very easy to scrub and hose off.

An old farmer who bred chickens gave me this easy idea, which I use, is free, and couldn't be easier to clean.
yippiechickie.gif
It's cardboard boxes! Ones that are higher than wide. I'm not sure what the dimensions are, but my girls love them. So do I! I just throw the old boxes on the compost pile!
wee.gif

Jen

Quote:
I suspect most of those were the photos taken right after the coop was finished being built but before the chickens had been moved into it
wink.png

Another one is the kind of material you use... like im going to be using linoleum, its kinda slick, so it can be swept off nicely, and its very easy to scrub and hose off.

I have vinyl in my coop also. One suggestion-- run the vinyl up the wall behind where they roost. They WILL get poop all over the wall, and if it stays wet, it will rot.
old.gif

Jen

I don't have a picture, but all i used is a 3 shelf bookcase and nailed 2" boards across the front to keep the straw and eggs from falling out. They are community nests, with usually 2 hens laying on one shelf at a time.

A covered catbox was our first nest too. I finally built a bigger nest box but for the first 6 months they would pile into the cat box 3 at a time. Sometimes a fourth one would climb in and lay on top of the other hens. I guess they just couldn't wait. I put the door back on it and now use the cat box for one of our rabbits. He sits on top of it and watches everything and hides inside during bad weather.

Didn't take long at all to build this... Then I added an angled removable roof after it was installed so the girls can't roost on top. Makes for good storage of tools behind the angled roof.
1246166981.jpg

funny you asked for pics,as I was going to build bucket boxes today..........
lol.png

P1040405.jpg

(not sure why the pic didnt fully load
idunno.gif

P1040409.jpg

now hopefully they will start useing it tommorrow
big_smile.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom