Post pics of your Polish chickens

Ok I hope it is ok I join in here I'm new to polish. My husband picked me up this little gal last Saturday. I have been wanting some for quite a while. I've been saving for tolbunt polish. But he brought me home a little blue. Is it common for the polish to be so loving and like their crests to be petted. He got me 2 sultans with her and they are not as friendly.

Of course it's ok for you to join here on this thread :highfive:

Yes polish are super friendly so quite normal. Them being friendly and liking their crests petted is a real bonus with this breed. Check crests for mites etc regular they love to make homes in them!
Mine are so friendly that they become pests, constantly trying to get on your knee and wanting to ride around on shoulders like pirate parrots!!

Good luck and enjoy your new polish girl, she is beutiful :love

Last edited:
Ugh! The local feed store had straight run buff laced polish...and the youngster that worked there swore that this one is a pullet...and I've always wanted a polish chick...and I'm a sucker for chicks...sigh

When I was at the feedstore I guessed "her" age as being close to my chicks at home. Once I got her home, I realized that she is a week or two younger. The Easter Eggers picked on her so I took them out and let her just run with the meeker ones (a black copper Marans, crested Legbar, and a bantam EE). Today I add the mildest of the LF EE back and everything seems okay. I guess I'll integrate the last two LF EE over the next few days. I thought with them being chicks it wouldn't be a big deal to integrate a singleton. :(

I have one four week old splash polish and three two day olds and iam lovin them:D:D

Hi :welcome

Glad you could join the flock! Congrats on your polish :celebrate What colours are your 2 day olds? I have some more polish eggs in my incubator at the moment on day 7 and can't wait for them to hatch. Here are some from my last hatch.

This is my blue splash roo, Bash.

Polish are a lovely friendly breed to keep and lots of fun.

Hope you enjoy BYC :frow

I have a question for all of you, are your polish more snuggly then your other breed's. I have bantam sultan's, bantam cochin and LF ee. And as far as being the most loving tords people it would have to go polish, sultan, ee and lastly my cochin's with the exception of one little cochin hen and she is up there with the sultan's. I'm new to polish and at this time only have one hen (George). She isn't happy unless I'm holding her. She does this little cueing thing and snuggles up under my chin. She seems fine outside as long as she can't hear me.

Back
Top Bottom