Post pictures of peafowl!

A close-up shot of one of my peacocks. He's nothing fancy (as peacocks go) but I just liked this photo.
big_smile.png

3546814465_3d37e77a33_b.jpg

And my favorite shot of all... Charmain my black shoulder hen, being a good momma with her "arms" around a couple of her babies.

3702246703_9d5a9f5655_b.jpg

Thanks Featherfan!
big_smile.png

Here's a few more.

peep06-08.jpg

bigpeeps.jpg

Look carefully underneath Charmain and find the peeps!

tree.jpg

Getting brave and striking out on their own.

draftiemama, those pics just made me smile, thank you for sharing! I just love how their heads look like they are covered in tiny beads...

Fantastic pics! You say the guy is nothing fancy, but that's an awesome picture.. super excellent show of the texture on the feathers, and the jewel iridescence with the color changes on him.. Keep taking and showing pictures, please!
smile.png

Cute pics, Phage.
smile.png

Quote:
Nothing fancy? Your pics are fantastic! ALL peafowl are beautiful, even an IB is as good as it gets!There may be new varieties but IMO there's never been an improvement, just more choices to love. Your pic of the BS hen with her chicks is classic!

just thought i'd share a picture....

this is jose, my neighbor calls him lance...
he belonged to the original owner of the hosue, him and another male and 2 hens....
i was told a week ago that anything the owners left on the property, including animals are now mine since the bank took the house back...
we've been here a little under a year... and i love the peas... the neighbor took care of them while the house was empty, actually had to come up to the property and cut a lock of a 6'x8' enclosed dog run that they had left at the time 6 peas in... yeah... wow... he said one had already died when he realized what had been done.... that's not big enough for a pair of peas, let alone 6 or more....
anyway... we were tol dwhen we signed a lease for the place that they were here and we were to take care of them.. and the neighbor had been feeding them... the 10 months that we've been here they go back and forth between the houses but always come back here to sleep.. except when the girls set eggs last summer.... unfortunatley the only ones to hatch must have hatched about 3 days before we moved in.. and i saw 5 when we started moving in.. next day only saw 3... next day hte 3 were almost dead.. i didn't know enough at the time to realize how young they had been when i saw them and that they might be in trouble.. no water on this property, and no water they could reach at the other... so i got no chicks last year.... 2 or 3 other attempts at nests all got disrupted and again, didn't know enough at the time to save them fast enough...
i was really hoping to gather eggs and incubate as many as possible this spring, expand the flock a bit, and sell some...
we knew the owners were loosing the house... but didn't know when... well darn murphy and his laws... we're moving out by may 1st... which is when we started moving in.... i'm really hoping i can snag some eggs and maybe get them into the bator.. but just realized the logistics of turning 3 times a day vs the midst of moving... maybe my mom will incubate and turn for me... hhmmm
anyway... after talking with the neighbor, yes they are legally my birds now, but he has gotten attached to them, and he's an older guy all by himself... and the birds are set in their ways.... and i wouldn't have a decent enclosure to keep them in until they learned where the new "home" was.. so it's safer for them to stay here with him....
so i'm just hoping the girls start laying in the next few days and i can figure out where they want to put them.. lol.. i would love it if they used the same nest my chickens do, or the tires i set up that hte chickens never used.... cross your fingers for me.... i don't really have time to do a daily egg hunt over 3 acres....

anyway... thanks for letting me ramble.. i just realized how much i like those birds...

42437_jose.jpg

Back
Top Bottom