*Post pictures of your duck pen/coop!!* :)

There only 4 days old. But your supposed to be able to tell by the bill color on WH, but I never figured it out...
hu.gif

Our ducks have a good sized duck barn actually and our natural pond is fenced in... (and yes that is a mailbox outside the barn - kids got their grandfather to install that).
smile.png

84017_outside_may_17_2011_012.jpg

There is a "duck-door" cut into the normal door so they can walk in and out as they please without us having to leave the regular door open all day (the wind blows it back and forth).

Last edited:
Eroc 1 - Did you guys have a plan for building your duck house? or did you design it yourself. It's great!
thumbsup.gif

My DH and I are looking into coops, and since we might move eventually a portable coop would be awesome.

Quote:
Can I say both? I saw a chicken house with a design that I liked and then adapted it/scaled it to what I though we needed/wanted at the time. I would do a couple things differently next time (since this was my first build). We are in the same position - hoping to move VERY SOON. So anything we have MUST be total portable....push/roll it onto a trailer and move it easily.

Quote:
Can I say both? I saw a chicken house with a design that I liked and then adapted it/scaled it to what I though we needed/wanted at the time. I would do a couple things differently next time (since this was my first build). We are in the same position - hoping to move VERY SOON. So anything we have MUST be total portable....push/roll it onto a trailer and move it easily.

What would you do differently? We have raccoons here, too. I am so worried about my duckies being vulnerable.

Here's our duck hut!
big_smile.png
I'm very proud of it, nothing too fancy, but just right!

We have it up against the barn right now and an old plastic table is their shady spot!
photo28.jpg

The whole roof lifts up for easy cleaning, easy feeding, and there is about a 1/4 of an inch gap around the sides for venting. This tin roof goes off the edge a little further than the actual roof to make sure no water gets in
photo30.jpg

They sure seem to love their home!
photo29.jpg

Back
Top Bottom