Post pictures of your olive eggers please

AinaWGSD

Crowing
14 Years
Apr 2, 2010
Sullivan, IL
[Not so] Patiently waiting for the chicks we ordered from Meyer Hatchery (we ordered for a hatch date of April 29, so we have a ways to go yet). I have a pretty solid idea for what most of the chicks will look like, but we ordered one olive egger and from website photos it's a wildcard as to what that one's look like.

In the meantime, indulge me and share pictures of your olive Eggers. Adult or chicks, I just wanna look at pretty birds!

[Not so] Patiently waiting for the chicks we ordered from Meyer Hatchery (we ordered for a hatch date of April 29, so we have a ways to go yet). I have a pretty solid idea for what most of the chicks will look like, but we ordered one olive egger and from website photos it's a wildcard as to what that one's look like.

In the meantime, indulge me and share pictures of your olive Eggers. Adult or chicks, I just wanna look at pretty birds!
Hi! I hope you have some beautiful chicks!
I dont have olive eggers but I bet a lot of people on here do!
hopefully someone will share some pictures.

Here’s a few pictures of my olive egger, Olive. She is extremely curious and will jump on my back if I’m bent over working on something! lol. No idea what she is mixed with.

Attachments

• IMG_1328.jpeg
    IMG_1328.jpeg
    672.7 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_1327.jpeg
    IMG_1327.jpeg
    625.4 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_1172.jpeg
    IMG_1172.jpeg
    770.9 KB · Views: 20
20230822_143016.jpg
This is Storm. She's half OE, half BLRW. Her mother (not my bird) is black with white pinstripes (much thinner than a BR. When Storm popped a tiny crest, we figured out the mom was Cuckoo Marans x Crested Cream Legbar. Her father was actually splash laced as ALL of his chicks came out blue. She is the first broody hatched at my place and the only egg of the 6 to hatch. At 3 weeks, her broody mama was killed by dogs (along with several others including the roo in my profile pic). She stayed with the flock and will be 3 in July. Last summer, she disappeared.....and came back with 5 babies. One of the 2 pictured with her has a larger crest than she does, inspite of the father not having any crest. and she raised her babies until they abandoned her (@4 months).

She has also taken over as top lady in the flock.

View attachment 3745885This is Storm. She's half OE, half BLRW. Her mother (not my bird) is black with white pinstripes (much thinner than a BR. When Storm popped a tiny crest, we figured out the mom was Cuckoo Marans x Crested Cream Legbar. Her father was actually splash laced as ALL of his chicks came out blue. She is the first broody hatched at my place and the only egg of the 6 to hatch. At 3 weeks, her broody mama was killed by dogs (along with several others including the roo in my profile pic). She stayed with the flock and will be 3 in July. Last summer, she disappeared.....and came back with 5 babies. One of the 2 pictured with her has a larger crest than she does, inspite of the father not having any crest. and she raised her babies until they abandoned her (@4 months).

She has also taken over as top lady in the flock.
She's pretty, looks like a very elegant lady

Back
Top Bottom