post your chicken coop pictures here!

To cut a long story short, we decided to get some chickens, so I chucked a coop & run together over a couple of weekends, it's 5.5 mtrs long over all and 2.7 mtr wide at one end and 1.7 mtrs at the coop end. The coop is 1.7 x 1.3 mtrs.

Inside the coop

Were starting off with 6 silkies (3 white & 3 black) and picked them up last weekend from Devon, here they are somewhat car lagged after a 160 mile drive just having a quick drink before retiring for the night.

To cut a long story short, we decided to get some chickens, so I chucked a coop & run together over a couple of weekends, it's 5.5 mtrs long over all and 2.7 mtr wide at one end and 1.7 mtrs at the coop end. The coop is 1.7 x 1.3 mtrs.

Inside the coop

Were starting off with 6 silkies (3 white & 3 black) and picked them up last weekend from Devon, here they are somewhat car lagged after a 160 mile drive just having a quick drink before retiring for the night.

welcome
welcome-byc.gif
from San Diego...

As it sags it looses current to the ground. When first up I get over 4000 volts (hilly propery so some grounding). As it sags over a weeks time it's around 3000 volts so I unclip and tighten it up in 20 minutes. Move the entire thing about every third week. Gotten so I can move it around trees and such myself in under 2 hours. The extra posts in fencing kit for corners helps a lot in keeping it tight. I also learned from Ridgerunner to take small sticks with fork of branch to stick in ground and pick up areas where it hits due to hills. My charger is 0.5 joules and that's 164', 48" netting with double spikes.

Nice.... I always wondered how to manage net... I may give it a try later on....

deb

I will be very interested in seeing how that works for ya.... :pop   I have a friend that has chickens in Alaska and uses no heat at all.  

deb
[/quote] Yeah, in Atlanta Michiganders wear t shirts in winter :))

Well last winter a ton of the continental United States was way colder than Alaska, I recall one time when Alaska was like 30 or 50. Weather's changing lol but still usually cold there

Back
Top Bottom