post your chicken coop pictures here!

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by chickenlover237, Nov 10, 2011.

1. gilcamp4

gilcamp4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 11, 2013
    delaware
    we have that in the other coop and for 3 years no one uses it they like the flat one we did not have it in our first coop and they used the nest so dh added one of these and they left the nest to jump on this, they do have the old one in camper coop put only one will go on it, the rest are on here they love it, we have tried to change them, we are going out every night and move them to new one but as soon as we leave they run back on this one, yes they are poultry staples, not going any were. we have he round on the other one. we will see witch one they go on, still working on getting them in, we have 2 roosts in camper coop, well see when we finish the enclosed run what we will do.

2. Lockdown199

Lockdown199 Out Of The Brooder

[​IMG]

I used over 10k 5/8th in staples using a air gun, I was putting staples on top of staples. I weigh over 2 bills and have a hard time pulling them out with pliers.

3. stokes

stokes Out Of The Brooder

Jul 8, 2014
    Waterford Ireland
    I,ve a small and simple little chicken coop which I painted last week and one of the girls manage to get in as have paint on he tail feathers. It,s all right all gone now. Very easy to clean the whole floor come,s out clean it and hose it down if needed and that's it. I clean the coop and hutch the same day and that's once a week so it makes it easy[​IMG]

4. stokes

Jul 8, 2014
    Waterford Ireland
    [​IMG]

5. stokes

Jul 8, 2014
    Waterford Ireland
    Photo with hens not mine still getting use to posting photos up

6. meralgia

meralgia Out Of The Brooder

Jun 6, 2014
    Minneapolis, MN
    My Coop
    All finished!!! There could be more trim work and added and overall perfecting, but I really need to take a break from building!! You can see the greenhouse that's attached to the enclosure. At some point, I may remove the glass that separates the greenhouse from the enclosure, but for now, I'm done building. The bug may hit again as the winter starts to close in, and I'll work on it more at that point. The glass doors are quite heavy as is the front and back panels. I need to scrounge some storm windows to use as the roof. I thought about using one of the glass panels as the roof, but it was so heavy, that I feared injuring myself trying to get it into position. I attached chicken wire to the triangles in the enclosure roof and worked on the feeding station (to the right of the coop in the first pic). You can get to the food and water from the front without having to open a door; the chicken wire goes around behind the top of the station, and the hardware cloth is in front of the station. I'm so very pleased with the coop! These eggs had BETTER be good!!! ;)

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

7. vehve

vehve The Token Finn

You should look into one of those hammers with a magnetic nail holder, you can just place the nail there, and drive it in on the first blow deep enough to stick, and after that two or three taps pushes it all the way in. Great for those hard to reach spots or when framing, although when paneling, it isn't as easy to get the spacing to look good between nails. And if you have issues with nails splitting the wood, you should tap the pointy end of the nail once to dull it out, that way it will crush it's way through instead of cleaving. But I have to say, even though you might need to whack a couple of nails with the hammer due to inconsistencies in the wood, when doing larger walls those nail guns sure are a godsend. Much nicer than doing the "hit hit OWWW" every five nails [​IMG]

8. vehve

vehve The Token Finn

I agree with Bruce. Flipping the door inside out would already provide a lot more stability to the door, otherwise it will start drooping. Or you could just flip the angle brace. My visual sense of engineering stability is slightly offended as well [​IMG]

9. chickensfinally

chickensfinally Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2014
    Des Moines, Iowa

Just clarifying for my own brain. Did u lose chickens or guinea hens? U keep saying keets so I thought guineas. Keets are baby guinea hens, chicks are baby chickens.

1 person likes this.
  10. LindaB220

LindaB220 Overrun With Chickens

Aug 23, 2013
    Portland/Vancouver area
    Bahahahahaha, Bruce I love your sense of humor. This is so me. I am wretched with anything to do with my hands.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by