post your chicken coop pictures here!

My husband has "NEVER" saisthe would help me do "anything"... when it was in reference to my chickens because he didn't want them in his backyard!! That's why I'm so dumbstruck!! Sacred to really believe!!

Chickens are like the Borg.... "resistance is futile"... All will be assimilated

This is our "Recycled" coop. The siding is truck bed liners. All the lumber and roofing is recycled. All we bought was the hardware cloth for the floors and windows which was around $35. It was our first attempt at a chicken coop but so far it is working out really nice.

How do they ingest the Benadryl?  Do you serve it crushed in their feed, liquid in their water, or direct liquid drop dose in their mouth - how much how often?  Just want to know for future reference just in case.  The Benadryl seems safer in their eggs for human consumption rather than antibiotics. :)

we give them 5.0 ml in 2 gallons of water and once a day. It depends on the size of your flock and how much they weight. We use childrens liquid benedryl.

This is our "Recycled" coop. The siding is truck bed liners. All the lumber and roofing is recycled. All we bought was the hardware cloth for the floors and windows which was around $35. It was our first attempt at a chicken coop but so far it is working out really nice.

Great use of recycled materials! Do you have an awning over the nestbox lid? Helps to keep the nestbox dry when collecting eggs in the rain as we found out!

frow.gif
This is absolutely gorgeous.... Your recycling is a big pay off..... You did good Farylita....
wee.gif
would love to see how you designed the inside!

Some Wal-Marts and Ace Hardware Stores carry the 4' rolls but of course more expensive.
I had planned to get my 48" wire from Walmart after I saw the post on here.....LOL.....BUT When my hubby "told" me he would help me finish it on Monday.... I forked over the $$ and got the wire here at Lowe's..! He already helped me with the door and the first panel..
ep.gif
I've got my hopes up now! If he isn't able to do it Monday....I'm going to finish it..! I already have his new ( present Christmas before last!)...recipro saw outfited with the right blade ready for trimming the posts. We have chalk lined a level on them. Everything is on a slanted yard so the front of the run will be lower than the back part but it is high enough to work and clean the yard. We are going to tarp most of the top (if not all) until we can get some chicken wire to cover all the top. I didn't realize how big our run is... I have to use 50' rolls of wire to go around it one time! got to fix some places to get under and a place to take dust baths. I've got it all pictured in my head so even after dh helps me on Monday...I will have more to do...
lau.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom