post your chicken coop pictures here!

Built a new run last spring. Holding up great to all the nj snow this winter.

Quote: It's the hardware that kills you. The compost panels are 9.90€, so that's 19.80€, plywood, 9mm III grade pine/spruce goes for 20-30 per sheet depending on where you buy, but I was feeling lazy and bought these for a bit more, pre-cut. I didn't feel like dragging the circular saw up and setting up shop in the snow, so it was worth it. I would probably have gotten the plywood for maybe 15, but the cheaper place closed at three and we left home at three thirty. 2x2 was 0.99€ per meter, I used about 3 meters for this. So that's about 45€. The nest materials I had lying around, guessing at maybe 1.50€/m, used about 2 meters. UV resistant zip ties were 2€ for 100. Piano hinge was 3 euros, and then some screws and other hardware I'll still need for the locks will bring it up to about 60. But yeah, I could probably have managed with 40-45 total if I wouldn't have been a bit lazy and late.

It's the hardware that kills you. The compost panels are 9.90€, so that's 19.80€, plywood, 9mm III grade pine/spruce goes for 20-30 per sheet depending on where you buy, but I was feeling lazy and bought these for a bit more, pre-cut. I didn't feel like dragging the circular saw up and setting up shop in the snow, so it was worth it. I would probably have gotten the plywood for maybe 15, but the cheaper place closed at three and we left home at three thirty. 2x2 was 0.99€ per meter, I used about 3 meters for this. So that's about 45€. The nest materials I had lying around, guessing at maybe 1.50€/m, used about 2 meters. UV resistant zip ties were 2€ for 100. Piano hinge was 3 euros, and then some screws and other hardware I'll still need for the locks will bring it up to about 60. But yeah, I could probably have managed with 40-45 total if I wouldn't have been a bit lazy and late.

Is math in Finland different than it is here?
big_smile.png

Given:
"Adding a 28" x 36" section of run made from compost cage panels costs 7.50€."
It would seem that "
The compost panels are 9.90€" is not in agreement!

I looked up the equivalent of 22 mm pine plywood - $23+ at Home Depot which is about 20€. Guess I don't buy plywood very often! I don't really like plywood much so that explains why. Looks like a good deal on the piano hinge though, they cost ~$10/foot here. Even the cheapy ones that I wouldn't put out in any kind of weather are $9 for 30 inches.

Here is the home of our four feathered ladies.

indeed love the design someone obviously landscapes....or hired a really good landscaper...i landscaped for over ten years...great work done there for sure...and if you did the work...wow....hope you used some machinery...cause that would be a lot of wheel borrows....

Sorry Bruce, 9.90€ for one compost cage, with 4 panels. Takes three of them for one triangular section, so rounded up that's about 7.50€. I'd say most products are on par with US pricing here, at least when it comes to lumber. We're a big producer. 24% VAT does add a bit to the price though.

Back
Top Bottom