post your chicken coop pictures here!

Quote Angelak
Darkangael.....Wow! U handy ckn people make me so jealous over your ckn paradises...what a beautiful ckn paradise....HATS OFF TO U N UR HARD WORK!

It's not mine hun, I just wish it was

Awesome pics and ideas. I'm trying to decide how I want my coop. And what to add or leave out. I only thought I knew til I looked here. Lol

5'9" coop, front side. The door is at the corner to save on materials, sawing labor, design and measurement labor, and to encourage the chickens to lay in the dark corner on the opposite side from the door. The door is also a ramp. The roof peaks slightly higher than 4 feet so that I can open it without hitting the fence.The gap between the roof and the house provides air flow. I have wrapped the bottoms of the feet with black duct tape and placed them on bricks to keep the bottoms from rotting.

Back side. The back side of the house is framed and is normally held to the house using eye bolts. When I need to clean the house I remove the eye bolts, remove the back side of the house, and lift the roof. The beam that holds up the floor is slightly higher than a wheelbarrow so that I can scrape out the poo with a hoe. After cleaning, I dust the inside with DE and let the sun in for an hour or so before adding new leaf litter for their nest. Not shown is the roosting bar, which is a 2x2 post on wooden feet that can be easily removed. Since taking this picture, I have found that my chickens prefer a square made of bricks filled with pine shavings over a wooden nesting box.

Last edited:
I would use PVC pipe get some 3/4 inch look at my pics you could attach it rite too your coop

We took an old wooden shed and a large home built dog house and created a double coop with two separate yards. These pictures are a bit old and all of my chickens are grown now but you can get an idea of the coop and yard area. We used chicken wire on sides and top because we are in an area with LOTS of hawks and other chicken eating critters. We cam back later and reinforced the sides and bottom of the yard with hog wire to keep stray dogs and such out. The pens and coops have worked out nicely for us
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom