post your chicken coop pictures here!

[/IMG]
Almost done building the coop! Happy Chickens!

I wanted to post an update on our chicken coop in our pasture with our goats. As when I first posted it there was some concern by other members for chicken safety. I posted in May, around page 260. It is now Sept. and no lost or harmed chickens. Our dairy goats and chickens have gotten along without any being harmed. Or attempt to being harmed. I did add a small wired in yard in front of the coop for when I want to feed the hens something, like spaghetti noodles and I do not want the dog or goats eating it. The hens fly onto or over the gate and room the pasture. They also get through the fence and range in our backyard towards our home. We made a wooden 'tree' for them to perch or use to fly out of their yard into the pasture. The only problem we had was some of the hens decided to start laying under the coop. I had to make a tool to retrieve the eggs. Happy Hens in around the goat shelter. We made a mobile coop to house my 4 Silver Sebright Hens and Splash Silkie Rooster. Most of the supplies were extras from other building projects, except for more wire and roofing.
Looks like it is working for you. Yea!!! Nice!!

My second coop is now all but finished with electric in and the first coat of pain on. Just need to put the gutter on the front and vent shutters on the back before they ask for WiFi too.

I absolutely love looking at these coops.
1f62a.png
it looks like I may never get mine built... :he
This man of mine has put it off for so long that it's almost hunting season and all his spare time will now be spent at the camp... :barnie

I absolutely love looking at these coops.
1f62a.png
it looks like I may never get mine built...
he.gif

This man of mine has put it off for so long that it's almost hunting season and all his spare time will now be spent at the camp...
barnie.gif
frow.gif
I hate that so much for you.....no woman deserves to be a hunting season widow !!! I've so many friends who fit that description. My dh doesn't hunt (thank heavens....he's a workaholic!
rant.gif
I guess I could claim being a "tax-season-widow from the last 44 years! So I do understand being a single parenting person during that time and never being able to depend on him for anything during that time. I'll hate it with you..
hugs.gif

:frow I hate that so much for you.....no woman deserves to be a hunting season widow !!!  I've so many friends who fit that description. My dh doesn't hunt (thank heavens....he's a workaholic! :rant  I guess I could claim being a "tax-season-widow from the last 44 years!  So I do understand being a single parenting person during that time and never being able to depend on him for anything during that time. I'll hate it with you..:hugs

On the up side, my daughter is a hunting widow, but they never buy meat. They have deer roast, deer ground meat, deer sausage, fish, duck. She bought a great wild game cookbook and they eat well.

Back
Top Bottom