post your chicken coop pictures here!

I keep reminding my wife there are much worse things that a 28 year old male could be doing besides sitting in the back yard with his chickens.

Hang in there, we are getting more eggs now than the family can eat and starting to routinely give some to neighbors. It's a pretty cool hobby, too. That was something I hadn't really thought about a few months ago when we started on this adventure. Awesome coop, by the way!

I love your build. Makes me want to start something new. I had lots of materials from the side of the road, free too, so proud. But, you are right about the trips to Lowe's to buy stuff. I didn't keep tabs. Didn't want to know how much I spent.

I love your build. Makes me want to start something new. I had lots of materials from the side of the road, free too, so proud. But, you are right about the trips to Lowe's to buy stuff. I didn't keep tabs. Didn't want to know how much I spent.

I really don't like the runs construction. It's pretty sorry. I had to head to Wyoming for 5 month and this got done in the last 24 hrs I was home. I really wish I'd had more time. That dang panels were $780 to build that 10'x40'x10' run. The only good thing about it is coons cannot get thru the 2"x4" holes. I have a cage build out of these panels I kept coons in for a couple yrs.

So all you chicken guys :D
a fast question is it necessary the coop to be in the free range area? the thing is that i could have a ready coop and save tons of money with cement floor roof and really larger than what i need the thing is it cant be connected to the free range area!
will some extra nest boxes in a shady place do the job?

Back
Top Bottom