post your chicken coop pictures here!

If you can I would add some ventilation under the eaves or a gable vent, more ventilation can't hurt. But understandable if you can't.

Also I would try not to shut them in all winter, surprisingly a lot of birds still choose to go outside in the snow and cold weather. I would at least leave the door open and let them decide rather than forcing a shut in. They will be fine, I promise.

If you can I would add some ventilation under the eaves or a gable vent, more ventilation can't hurt. But understandable if you can't.

Also I would try not to shut them in all winter, surprisingly a lot of birds still choose to go outside in the snow and cold weather. I would at least leave the door open and let them decide rather than forcing a shut in. They will be fine, I promise.

I was planning on letting them out but the weather gets so nasty here in the winter. .. I plan on having both windows open in warmer weather. Been thinking I need more vents myself.

I was planning on letting them out but the weather gets so nasty here in the winter. .. I plan on having both windows open in warmer weather. Been thinking I need more vents myself.

I would still let them out, you can just leave the door open and let them decide. Another thing you can do is cover part of the run so they have a dry area to go or even wrap part of the walls in a tarp so it's dry and snow free and they can go where they want. Where do you live? I bet there's people even in your area that let them outside.

And yeah, I would definitely add more vents if you can. My roof is peaked/the normal triangle for lack of better word rather than slanted so it might be different but I have about a few inches, I'd have to measure, of space open under the roof, the eaves I think they're called, and I'm planning on putting hardware cloth over them for ventilation. Maybe you could cut out the front of your coop under the roof or the back or sides for more protection if you prefer, cover with hardware cloth, and have permanent ventilation

And my hopes of getting the coop find this weekend just took a nosedive. Between 1 kid with nasty cough/congestion. 1 with sore throat and fever and me with sore throats and heartache I fear the flu has come to my lovely little abode. Pray for sanity.

Please join my journey in building paradise for the birds forum. A lot of building hoop coops regulars coops and even diy incubators step by step

Back
Top Bottom