post your chicken coop pictures here!

got a neat idea today had a wall ventelator for a kitchen decided to put it in my coop with a cooling thermostat for extra ventalation in the summer heat finish wireing the coop and flipped on the light switch for the first time tonight "he said let ther be light and it was" lol. cant wait to finish this up slow and steady

got a neat idea today had a wall ventelator for a kitchen decided to put it in my coop with a cooling thermostat for extra ventalation in the summer heat finish wireing the coop and flipped on the light switch for the first time tonight "he said let ther be light and it was" lol. cant wait to finish this up slow and steady

And God saw the light, and it was good
smile.png

Well I finally got it sound enough for inhabitants so I thought I'd post a few pics
First some specs:
48' x 48' run
12' x 12' coop
10 Hole metal nest box
2 x 4 x 6 ft metal fencing
1 x 2 x 2 "skirt" attached at ground level and covered in dirt
1/2" x 3' hardware clothe around bottom of fencing (I hate snakes!)
Netting completely covering "compound" (pics taken before net was installed, what a BEAR!)

Occupants:

12 Delawares (2 roos I think)
8 Ameraucanas (open run so unsure of sex)

Soon to be occupants

30 RIRs (all pullets)

Time for the Pics!

Chicken Humor

More Dumb Chicken Humor!

Just plain FUN!

Daughters Masterpiece Wall

"Splatter" painting the Roost

Hopefully Happy Inhabitants!!!!!!

Now.......ON to the garden!

Last edited:
ok it did not take long but my nerve broke and I picked open an egg on the end that has the air sack just to find the half decomposed remnants of a chick. so thinking most (if not all) of the remaining 5 eggs are the same I start picking at annother and what i find is (as far as I can tell) is not decomposing but looks like a wet chick and some yolk.
hit.gif
barnie.gif
did I just kill my chick! I didnt puncture the membrane and the hole in the egg is about penny sized so will it be fine? should I try to do something about it? like cover the hole or something? I need help!

ok it did not take long but my nerve broke and I picked open an egg on the end that has the air sack just to find the half decomposed remnants of a chick. so thinking most (if not all) of the remaining 5 eggs are the same I start picking at annother and what i find is (as far as I can tell) is not decomposing but looks like a wet chick and some yolk.
hit.gif
barnie.gif
did I just kill my chick! I didnt puncture the membrane and the hole in the egg is about penny sized so will it be fine? should I try to do something about it? like cover the hole or something? I need help!

Post this in the emergencies area. Lots of knowledgeable people over there to answer quickly. Don't touch anymore eggs or the one you have already opened!

This was the original structure, which has since had steps added, and a more effective ramp. It has a solid, raised floor on pier blocks. We opted for 8x8 as that is the dimension of sheet goods. Interior is standard 2x4 construction, 2 repurposed windows and free roofing, which we expect to have to replace every few years. We live where it stays pretty temperate, so no insulation was necessary and cleaning it is pretty easy. I have 2 roosts in it that form a cross in the middle but am considering placing another closer to the floor for my teen-age peeps, which are about to come out of the basement brooder and into the yard.

Well I finally got it sound enough for inhabitants so I thought I'd post a few pics
First some specs:
48' x 48' run
12' x 12' coop
10 Hole metal nest box
2 x 4 x 6 ft metal fencing
1 x 2 x 2 "skirt" attached at ground level and covered in dirt
1/2" x 3' hardware clothe around bottom of fencing (I hate snakes!)
Netting completely covering "compound" (pics taken before net was installed, what a BEAR!)

Occupants:

12 Delawares (2 roos I think)
8 Ameraucanas (open run so unsure of sex)

Soon to be occupants

30 RIRs (all pullets)

Time for the Pics!

Chicken Humor

More Dumb Chicken Humor!

Just plain FUN!

Daughters Masterpiece Wall

"Splatter" painting the Roost

Hopefully Happy Inhabitants!!!!!!

Now.......ON to the garden!

Splatter painting the roosts...what a GREAT IDEA! Camoflage is next to Godliness...I may have to steal that idea...!

Back
Top Bottom