Post Your Chicken's Names Here!!!

Pics
My roo is Colonel Sanders, and the hens are. "The Hens" and then there is my 2 newest memebers Pippin and Spot. sorry the names are not very original! lol
tongue.png

Buff Orpingtons are: Rhett Butler(Big Red),Scarlett,Penelope and Juniper(Juni)
Silkies are: Holly,Annabelle(Belle),Snowball,Boo,Myrrh and Mittens.

Last edited:
I have 5 hens...Hawk, Animal, pepper, ginger and cinnimon. My boyfriend named to first 2 lol. I have one Roo named Hodge.

Hello, we have 3 roosters named Bicuit, Parmesan & StirFry. Also, we have 4 hens. Their names are Dumplin, Devil, Nugget & DeepFry.

There are some very creative names. I enjoy reading everyone's post.

My 6 year Oldsmobile named mine
Blondie (Bo)
Buttercup(Bo)
The gootch(rir)
Falcon(rir)
Heather(rir)
Blossom (ee)
Nurse(ee)
Feathers(ee)
Omlet(ee)
Debra (glw)
Pepper(glw)
Sally(ISA)
GERTRUDE(ISA)
EGGLENTINE(ISA)
KING(EE)
I THINK THAT'S ALL OF THEM

So we're total nerds. We went with a Game of Thrones theme, and so I have our 36 chickens broken down into "families" - grouping the "Starks" together in a pen we've dubbed Winterfell, the "Lannisters" in another pen dubbed Casterly Rock, etc. Within each family, the individual chickens have family appropriate names. For example, my Wheaten Marans (aka the Lannisters) are Kingslayer (rooster), Cersei, Myrcella, Tysha, Shae, etc.

For all my random girls that do not have a corresponding rooster (and are just there for egg laying purposes), they are grouped into Littlefinger's Brothel and all have names of the whores in the books. :)

George RR Martin did an excellent job pre-naming our birds.

That is fantastic! I had made a list of Game of Thrones hen names. Cersei, Sansa and Margery of course as the ladies at court are often referred to as hens. Brienne, Rosalinn, Gilly I think would be great. I could see Brienne being a Salmon Faverolle, Ameraucana or EE with the muff. Melissandre for the reddest RIR. Daenerys for a silver or lavender colored hen. Arya would be dark brown and scappy, maybe a Buckeye.

You've taken it to a whole other level though with the houses! Wish my husband was on board, but he gave up watching, whereas I am reading the series. I love literary themes though, we may go Arthurian for our first batch of chicks this spring. We're only starting with five or six girls.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom