Post your Ducklings!

Two Khakis

Here are a couple Pictures of our two day old Bantam Australian Spotted and a picture of their parents.

These other pictures our of three Bantam Appleyard ducklings, they are three weeks old. I'm not sure but I think we have two Drakes and a Hen. We were thing the dark one is the Hen...If anyone else might know, please let us know.

Sometimes they like playing in a bucket better then their little pond.

Hatched 13 March 2016, Mikey x Betsy (Khaki Campbells) They think I am their mother and make a horrendous racket if they don't know where I am. [rule] Berry (left) Fuzzy (front) Sera (right) Above - 18 March 2016 [rule]Below - 30 March 2016 "Fuzzy" (who will need a home if he is a boy) [rule]A funny thing about Berry's hatching. He had made a big hole and had the tip of his bill, a wing, and a leg sticking out of the egg. When I looked there was a little eye looking out at me. I carefully put him down and next when he tried to get out he was rolling all over the box being propelled by that one leg. I took pity and freed him because I thought he might exhaust himself and not be able to get out of that tough egg. His wing was a bit askew for a few days, but he seems fine now. He is the biggest and was the darkest for a while. I'm not sure if he is a "he" or a "she". I'm hoping a "she" or I will need to find him a home.
would love to add him to our bunch if he needs a new home and someone to spoil him
1f60d.png

would love to add him to our bunch if he needs a new home and someone to spoil him
1f60d.png

Alas both Fuzzy and Berry are very handsome boys. I think that Fuzzy might have some physical short comings as he always lays down when they are not actually moving around and when they all rest and take a nap, he flattens out to twice the width of the other two. Berry is the most handsome lad we have had to date. Bigger than Sera, sleek, and properly Khaki aloof. I'm considering whether I should find bad Mikey a home and keep him. Bad Mikey, as I mentioned someplace in the forums, wants to do really bad things to his children. Not kill them, but very dominating and frightening for them. So, Mikey is penned up when the three youngsters and their mother wander the yard together. Then they are penned when Mikey is released to enjoy the grass and swimming tub. I plan to get 2-3 sexed Khaki hens from the feed store and that will complete my flock. It will give me 4-5 hens and I will keep 1 drake or 2 if they get along. Betsy doesn't seem to mind at all if Mikey is not with her all the time, but when she is done foraging she will go and lie outside of whichever yard he is penned into. She is going more and more with the children and their caution distance has been reducing to the point that when the 4 of them slept together in the duck pen (Ft. Knox) the other night they were sleeping side-by-side. To further complete my small flock I got a gosling who I hope will grow up to be a watch goose. She is either a buff Pomeranian or pied American Buff goose. I'm waiting to see what color her eyes are. She was sold as a "saddle back Buff goose" (capital "B"). She is so much fun and crazy smart. She will be solo until the next babies get here on Friday, that will put her at a week older.

But yes, one or two of my fellows need a forever home where they will not be eaten for duck dinner. I'd like to be able to call up and ask how they are doing and be able to come and photograph them and smile. I wish they had been girls. So, Fuzzy, Berry, Mikey... my eyes tear up to think that they would leave but there is simply not enough room for three boys. Although Fuzzy and Berry might stay friends after they discover what girls are about. As for tameness, Fuzzy was used to being held and sitting quietly on my lap while I watched TV, he's gotten a little wilder as they grow up. Mikey is used to be handled because of his bad behavior and kinda fun to carry around and look to see what he is watching. He and Betsy are used to being shepherded around outside of the fence with me carrying my herding stick. I think he'd make a great garden/yard duck. Someday I would like to teach my Tervuren to herd them.

Alas both Fuzzy and Berry are very handsome boys. I think that Fuzzy might have some physical short comings as he always lays down when they are not actually moving around and when they all rest and take a nap, he flattens out to twice the width of the other two. Berry is the most handsome lad we have had to date. Bigger than Sera, sleek, and properly Khaki aloof. I'm considering whether I should find bad Mikey a home and keep him. Bad Mikey, as I mentioned someplace in the forums, wants to do really bad things to his children. Not kill them, but very dominating and frightening for them. So, Mikey is penned up when the three youngsters and their mother wander the yard together. Then they are penned when Mikey is released to enjoy the grass and swimming tub. I plan to get 2-3 sexed Khaki hens from the feed store and that will complete my flock. It will give me 4-5 hens and I will keep 1 drake or 2 if they get along.  Betsy doesn't seem to mind at all if Mikey is not with her all the time, but when she is done foraging she will go and lie outside of whichever yard he is penned into. She is going more and more with the children and their caution distance has been reducing to the point that when the 4 of them slept together in the duck pen (Ft. Knox) the other night they were sleeping side-by-side. To further complete my small flock I got a gosling who I hope will grow up to be a watch goose. She is either a buff Pomeranian or pied American Buff goose. I'm waiting to see what color her eyes are. She was sold as a "saddle back Buff goose"  (capital "B").  She is so much fun and crazy smart. She will be solo until the next babies get here on Friday, that will put her at a week older.

But yes, one or two of my fellows need a forever home where they will not be eaten for duck dinner. I'd like to be able to call up and ask how they are doing and be able to come and photograph them and smile. I wish they had been girls. So, Fuzzy, Berry, Mikey... my eyes tear up to think that they would leave but there is simply not enough room for three boys. Although Fuzzy and Berry might stay friends after they discover what girls are about. As for tameness, Fuzzy was used to being held and sitting quietly on my lap while I watched TV, he's gotten a little wilder as they grow up. Mikey is used to be handled because of his bad behavior and kinda fun to carry around and look to see what he is watching. He and Betsy are used to being shepherded around outside of the fence with me carrying my herding stick. I think he'd make a great garden/yard duck. Someday I would like to teach my Tervuren to herd them.
[/quote I'm soo sorry that's heartbreaking! They become your little web footed babies!! Please keep me in mind as a forever home where he will absolutely not be eaten!!! As for time on the couch in a lap lol I have neglected my husband on many occasion to snuggle a duck instead!!!! We are in tn are you anywhere close? And absolutely to the taking pics and calling!! He would be very happy here on our 15 acre farm w/ other ducks including rouens, pekins,and scovies!

Back
Top Bottom