Post your exotic/domestic duck aviary/pool pics

Quote:
O and are you going to sell birds come spring/fall if you raise any?

Thanks! The pen was alot of hard work.. I am now plannign another one very similar for he Sea Ducks! yeah I will need a third job for that but hopefully with e few good hatch years it will all pay for itself!

Yes I will be selling birds next fall, hopefully after a good year of breeding. The only things I probably won't be selling at wood ducks or greenwings.. I plan on putting them on our open ponds.. Not sure how yet because I don't want to pinion them. Working on getting my permit to sell/trade now!

Kansaskid what are you going to do this winter (pond wise I am in NC KS). I hope to get mine done soon. I don't have to dig out for the pond but fill in an old foundation of an old coop run.

This was late summer and I haven't gotten any further have the pond and got my old dog kennel around it but need to get a few more panels to fit the foundation

32511_1004180205.jpg

Quote:
O and are you going to sell birds come spring/fall if you raise any?

Thanks! The pen was alot of hard work.. I am now plannign another one very similar for he Sea Ducks! yeah I will need a third job for that but hopefully with e few good hatch years it will all pay for itself!

Yes I will be selling birds next fall, hopefully after a good year of breeding. The only things I probably won't be selling at wood ducks or greenwings.. I plan on putting them on our open ponds.. Not sure how yet because I don't want to pinion them. Working on getting my permit to sell/trade now!

Sea ducks really? Ok now i'm just plain jealous. haha. how deep is your gigantic pond? And if you make a sea duck pen how deep will you make that?
o and can i put my order in now? I want some hooded mergansers, some buffleheads, some whitefaced treeducks, maybe some widgeons, and some.......
gig.gif

Quote:
I have several stock tank heaters that i will put in to keep it from freezing. plus the pump keeps the waters surface broken.

KansasKid wrote: Sea ducks really? Ok now i'm just plain jealous. haha. how deep is your gigantic pond? And if you make a sea duck pen how deep will you make that?
o and can i put my order in now? I want some hooded mergansers, some buffleheads, some whitefaced treeducks, maybe some widgeons, and some.......

Sure but out of all of those you named I will probably only have Widgeons... all of the others don;t lay until their 2nd fall.. I will hopefully have some buffleheads though since my male will be 2 but not sure on that one yet... Just keep in touch. I will be posting them here and on gbwf and hopefully soon I will have a website!

My Mandarins and Woodies were an impulse purchase and are going into what was going to be my Call duck enclosure. I have a perfect spot that was going to be my tropical garden next summer where I'm going to start building my permanent pen for my ducks. It's a gorgeous area where it will get both sun and shade. After looking at everyone's pictures, I'm getting all kinds of ideas.

Laurie

Let's see if this link works....
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=31475300&l=108b9b650b&id=1423712946

This is where our ducks, chickens and geese coexist happily. Plenty of room and grass for everyone to nibble, we've built another long pen on the other side for them to forage in as well, so we keep one side open at a time, and then aggressively seed and water the other side, then switch.

Oh and we had to clip everyone's wings to keep them inside the fence, but that was months ago, and no one has gotten out since, so I guess it works. The geese keep the cats out and we dont seem to have any other predator problems.

OH, and in case you're interested, here's the before picture
big_smile.png

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=31475298&l=e15a33e07d&id=1423712946

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom